• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ruby Lenses Gen?

Honestly just really depends on the batch of rubies made somtimes. Some newer ones are deeper then the older ones. Ruby is a very hard color for them to reproduce time and time again excactly the same.
Well I got this from a guy who sold me his plasma Juliet which he bought back in 2001. He says que bought the plasma since they were out of the XM finish. He also bought the extra lenses from that same day. I'm not really sure when ruby lenses came out, that is why I was asking. Never the less, just as Cyclerdoug stated, the colors are very beautiful, my custom torch and custom +red are far from those. Now I just need that XM juliet to test them out properly

He also bought the extra lenses from that same day. I'm not really sure when ruby lenses came out, that is why I was asking.

If that's the box and label the lenses came in then you have a 2007 or later lens. Oakley didn't offer oleo/hydrophobic lenses pre 2007. As for original lenses it was a while before Oakley offered Ruby Iridium spare lenses for sale other than warranty purposes due to shortages. The Ruby Juliet was released April/May 2000 so replacement lenses for purchase was available well after that date.

If that's the box and label the lenses came in then you have a 2007 or later lens. Oakley didn't offer oleo/hydrophobic lenses pre 2007. As for original lenses it was a while before Oakley offered Ruby Iridium spare lenses for sale other than warranty purposes due to shortages. The Ruby Juliet was released April/May 2000 so replacement lenses for purchase was available well after that date.
Oh I see, so he might have given me a BS story then. I'm happy with them anyway, if I ever have a chance to see an XM serial Juliet, I'll compare them and see how close they are. In the meanwhile I'll just rock 'em out

It might be he accidentally switch boxes for different Ruby Iridium lenses. Like others mentioned the date of production doesn't really matter. You got really nice colored lenses.

It might be he accidentally switch boxes for different Ruby Iridium lenses. Like others mentioned the date of production doesn't really matter. You got really nice colored lenses.
The box is all screwed up, lots of water damage, so you might be right, he probably had them switched or something. But I guess we'll never know the truth

Back