• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Safe to assume this is a MM replica?

J3blaha

Oakley Beginner
Found this on eBay and a number of things appear concerning. Things like the face missing logos, second hand color, and band. Would this be a replica from Brazil?

That one is a harder one to spot for someone not schooled on fakes... I had to look at it pretty intensely to convince myself it was not just poor photos. I tell people... "if there is a little something telling you this just doesn't look quite right than it is a fake." On MM's I have learned the one consistent thing that is always a tell is the 3 adjustment holes on the clasp... there will either be 2 instead of 3 or they will have two close together and one spaced further apart like this one.

Isn’t the face missing Oakley in the corner and Swiss Made????

Isn’t the face missing Oakley in the corner and Swiss Made????
Original Tanks had them both in the right-hand corner. The photos are really crap if you want to be really sure (after all XX has called it !) ask for some clear photos and if you don't get them well there is your complete answer.

If it’s cheap and you’re thinking of taking a chance. Just don’t do an F&F purchase. Do like PayPal G&S or credit card for protection.

That one is a harder one to spot for someone not schooled on fakes... I had to look at it pretty intensely to convince myself it was not just poor photos. I tell people... "if there is a little something telling you this just doesn't look quite right than it is a fake." On MM's I have learned the one consistent thing that is always a tell is the 3 adjustment holes on the clasp... there will either be 2 instead of 3 or they will have two close together and one spaced further apart like this one.
Nice tip, thanks brother.

Latest Posts

Back