• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sapphire Fade

MoparFin

I should Work at Oakley
Womelsdorf, Pa
Anyone got a pair with the Sapphire Fade lenses yet? I like the way they look, but hate all the frames they come in.

Maybe I can get the lenses to fit in a Jury frame? hmmmmm. Thoughts from the custom lens cutting guys?

Thanks Frank!
So the "sapphire fade" is the collection. Frames have Sapphire gradient temples.
The lenses are called "Prizm Sapphire". I'm being told they are prizm snow (not prizm snow Jade, not prizm snow torch)...
They are only available on a flatter 6 base curve at this time, so not good for many custom cuts.
Might work in a Jupiter factory lite... But not a jury :(

I did order my first Prizm Tungsten set on an 8 base curve... They are coming from Italy (thanks luxottica, not California, gripe gripe).

I'll be going them for a Juliet or XX Xmetal in a few weeks. They might work for a jury, I just don't own a frame to test.

Thanks Frank!
So the "sapphire fade" is the collection. Frames have Sapphire gradient temples.
The lenses are called "Prizm Sapphire". I'm being told they are prizm snow (not prizm snow Jade, not prizm snow torch)...
They are only available on a flatter 6 base curve at this time, so not good for many custom cuts.
Might work in a Jupiter factory lite... But not a jury :(

I did order my first Prizm Tungsten set on an 8 base curve... They are coming from Italy (thanks luxottica, not California, gripe gripe).

I'll be going them for a Juliet or XX Xmetal in a few weeks. They might work for a jury, I just don't own a frame to test.
Are the prizm snow lenses in evzero path, radar ev and jawbreaker and these new prizm sapphire lenses same?

I have the Prizm Sapphire Main Link's. The base tint is the new Prizm universal, basically a grey tint. Its the same tint used on the Prizm "Black" series. Prizm snow is a rose base.

I've got frames with all three of these. If we have sun here in Wisconsin tomorrow I'll see if I can get some comparative camera shots through the lenses.

Back