• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Script Lenses for X Metal XX and XS

beergrover

Oakley Beginner
Greetings All,

So I was informed that Oakley is no longer willing to produce script lenses for the X Metal frames. I had a set of lenses that were under warranty and I wanted to utilize that warranty due to some small scratches. Unfortunately after much hesitation they refused to honor it and offered a pretty crappy pair of frames as a "alternative". I wear metals because I am very hard on frames and they are literally the only frames that I cannot kill (no surprise there right?) However my eyes are terrible and I have worn these frames with scripts (actually have a pair of transition/progressive bifocal Oakley lenses) for many years. I had a local optician attempt a set of lenses a few years ago and they failed miserably. I know the curve on these frames is a challenge but SURELY someone must be able to do this. Does ANYONE know of an optician in the US that can cut lenses for these frames well? I prefer to continue to use the frames that I have worn for almost 20 years.

I probably should throw this out there. I was doing business with member Chris Hardaway on here and he was AMAZING with making lenses happen through Oakley for me. I strongly suggest doing business with him. He is a rock star with customer service!

I just ordered some dwp Rx for my Juliet’s from www.adseyewear.com. I put in what I wanted and my RX with the discount code that I had and it accepted the order. I should have them next week and I will let you know how it works. They offer 100% Oakley RX lens.

Oh man I was crushed. It said available on the sight. Took my payment then less than 24 hrs later I get an email from “Taylor” with the bad news. Good thing I have a good optometrist who can hook me up.

Back