• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Seahawk Frogz

Pretty dope would love to see just a tad bit more distressing but they're sick as they are. What lens options you thinking?

Im not done yet! that is just round two lol

Imwould go with ice irid in those baby's! Nice work!!

I put some in and wasn't very thrilled with the look :/ Also they some jades in and it didn't really do the trick either....I wish Oakley had some insanely florescent green lens options!!!

Round two!!! Sanded down a lot more and started wet sand. Surprisingly they are a lot more smoother than my skatedeck's and feel a lot let chalky and textured.

photo2_zpsa8d4b3f1.jpg
photo1_zpsd0954a9d.jpg
photo3_zpsf3e39404.jpg
i have a couple questions bc i was thinking of doing the same for a sports team as well. Were these frames originally black and you had it painted green? What kind of paint did you use, and what grit sandpaper. Looks great btw for seahawks inspired sunglasses.

oh and have you tried the emerald green lenses that are in the summit series frogs? if not i think that brand revernt(sp?) sells some insanely bright green iridium lenses for the frogs

i have a couple questions bc i was thinking of doing the same for a sports team as well. Were these frames originally black and you had it painted green? What kind of paint did you use, and what grit sandpaper. Looks great btw for seahawks inspired sunglasses.

Well first off I did all the painting in house with water based spray paint and it turned out great and perfect. About a weeks latter it started "smudging" (I guess you would say), so I sanded it down to a smooth surface and it did great!.....for about a week. Then is began to smudge again. I am currently working on my 6th pair, but the second pair which I am doing the base coat using a airbrush style water based acrylic and so far after 2 weeks of just wearing the base coat unsanded and unpolished it has not smudged or anything due to wear and humidity! I started laying down all the top cop and middle coats Thursday and I have just finished and now I am sanding. With that being said all i can really say at the moment is that spray paint is not going to hold up. I have tried the only 4 brands on plastic safe water based spray paints that I can get my hands on and none of them work. As for sand paper I used high end micro grit which is meant for electronics and such. You wet sand them gently and carefully and cautiously with tons of patients. The sanding process alone is about a 12 hour ordeal (I am very particular on the way I like things to look and how I want the grain to be all going in the same direction lol).

get away from that waterbased paint and you will find it to be easier, more durable, and certainly easier to work with. the sanding of waterbased stuff gunks up paper horribly. trust me, invest in good urethanes and you won't want to mess with the others. Even Wicked and Autoair by Createx suck to sand like that. They are some of the very best waterborne/waterbased paints out there, but it is just the nature of the paint...They flow like crap too.

Back