• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shipping Your Oakleys Intl

I have a guy in Japan that wants to buy my 24k X-Squared for $1000 and wants me to ship USPS. Are there any problems shipping to Japan from the US and or any information anyone can provide me about shipping international from the US. Thanks in advance

I've bought 2 pairs of Oakley off eBay from sellers in the U.S. Both used USPS and both took around 10 days to reach me here in Australia (which isn't too bad in my opinion) When my Mambo Antix arrived yesterday the postage price on the box read $42.50 (but the seller only charged me $20)

I've also purchased a $2,600 watch from a diamond jeweler in New York who used FedEx. That cost me $50 in postage and took around 8 days, so from my end I don't see too much difference personally.

I've also purchased stuff from China and they used EMS which surprisingly has actually been the best so far!! Shipping was at no extra charge to my purchase! Made the order on a Sunday night and it was on my doorstep first thing Friday morning!

My most recent purchase has been from a guy in Germany, he is using DHL (I think that's what it's called?) Still waiting on that tho as it was only done a few days ago (bought some NIB London Police GASCAN for $180) so I'll see how that goes.

Oh, just remembered I bought a Lance Armstrong poster from a guy in Italy too! Can't remember what postal service that was through tho, but I'll let you know how that went too!

Geez.... Why can't I get any good deals here in Australia? LOL!
totally agree man, things in here are $$$$$$$$$$ and lame

I have a guy in Japan that wants to buy my 24k X-Squared for $1000 and wants me to ship USPS. Are there any problems shipping to Japan from the US and or any information anyone can provide me about shipping international from the US. Thanks in advance
the only problem country i heard is Thai, bz etc. japan should be fine

Sure are! I still find that buying internationally and paying the extra postage still works out cheaper than buying directly here in Aus!

P.S Where abouts you from?

I had a bit of rant about that in this thread. There are exceptions to that - the Holbrooks are priced reasonably (once you factor in shipping) in Aus compared to buying OS. I bought my 24K Hollies from an interstate shop though as the locs, only had the boring colour ways.

I forgot I had a parcel coming from Ireland. It turned up today! Not sure what postal service they used but from Ireland to Australia it took just 8 days. Very happy with that! I'll keep you posted on the others a's they arrive :smile:

As it's a $1000 to be fully protected by eBay and PayPal you must use a tracked AND signed for service, not just tracked (tracked items are only protected up to a certain amount, anything above that has to be signed for in addition to being tracked). As long as you use a service that does this you'll be fine.

how much is the difference of the normal USPS and USPS express mail?

The postman delivered me an item today that I purchased from eBay. Seller used normal USPS and it took 12 days to hit my door (from USA to Australia) A previous seller used USPS Express and it took 10 days (from USA as well). So there was hardly any difference really.

Back