• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Show Us Your Bike...

uploadfromtaptalk1408959804312.jpg

My recent build, a nos 2012 Lapierre Xelius

A big battery on your bike.... bluuuugh

''Hey, are you comming today with us for a bike ride?" "No, i cannot, i'm charging my battery"' :p

They say you can get more than 2000km's between charges. If you are simply to lazy to check you battery the night before a ride, well then, that's you own problem. I have had no issues, and if its good enough for the pro's, I'm definitely not going to say no to using it.

The battery being external on mine is a downside, however this is not a Di2 specific frame, and that's the reason for that battery, I would love an internal battery, but honestly I don't believe that it detracts from the overall look of the bike.

That's just my 2c...

They say you can get more than 2000km's between charges. If you are simply to lazy to check you battery the night before a ride, well then, that's you own problem. I have had no issues, and if its good enough for the pro's, I'm definitely not going to say no to using it.

The battery being external on mine is a downside, however this is not a Di2 specific frame, and that's the reason for that battery, I would love an internal battery, but honestly I don't believe that it detracts from the overall look of the bike.

That's just my 2c...

They say so indeed, try it ;-) The test bike i used for a while lasted maybe 1100km. I have to admit that was in races, so lot's of gear changing. Beside, i don't always know the night before if i'm going to ride the day after so then i have to charge it every evening.
I guess i'm just more a fan of mechanical. I prefer campagnolo over shimano, because i love how campagnolo is more "rough" then shimano.
The sounds, the way it feels.

Hehe, i hope you think about this different in case of doping ;-)..... ''if it's good enough for the pro's, i'm definitely not going to say no to using it'' ;-)

just got it fixed up,

DSC_1013.jpg

DSC_1025.jpg

DSC_1012.jpg

DSC_1015.jpg

Santa Cruz Carbon 2015
Rockshox Pike 160mm
Hope Evo Hubs
E13 TRS Race wheels
Enve RSR Bars
Thomson Stem
Rockshox Dropper Stealth seatpost
Shimano XTR Magnesium Brakes
SRAM XO1 Drivetrain
Race Face Next SL Cranks
Maxxis DHR2 Tires
Deity Decoy 2.5 Pedals
Fizik Gobi Saddle

just got it fixed up,

DSC_1013.jpg

DSC_1025.jpg

DSC_1012.jpg

DSC_1015.jpg

Santa Cruz Carbon 2015
Rockshox Pike 160mm
Hope Evo Hubs
E13 TRS Race wheels
Enve RSR Bars
Thomson Stem
Rockshox Dropper Stealth seatpost
Shimano XTR Magnesium Brakes
SRAM XO1 Drivetrain
Race Face Next SL Cranks
Maxxis DHR2 Tires
Deity Decoy 2.5 Pedals
Fizik Gobi Saddle

As a pure Roadie, having worked in South Africa's top MTB shop for the last 2 years, I can safely say that, that is a SWEEEEEET ride!

My gt pulse fixie/track bike but this one is used for road use only.
And for the track the Planet X

Do you have the planet x carbon bike? In holland there were some problems with that bike, they were breaking at the
bracketpot. Also mine did. I'm not sure if you are specializing in track sprinting, because then i would take extra care!

Back