• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Skate Deck Holbrook Chipping

Southtown57

Oakley Beginner
So while I was at my vault during the 50% off accessory sale I decided to replace the warm grey lens with black iridium. Normally I swap the lens myself but that day I just let the employee do it. They have been in storage since the day I had the lens swapped. Well I pulled them out to wear them today and noticed that the paint is chipped around the lenses wear they popped the warm grey out. Now I'm worried that it's going to continue to chip and ruin the glasses. Already looks like crap around the lenses which makes me pretty mad. I know I've seen a couple people say they were going to switch lenses on their skate decks so if you haven't yet it may not be the best idea with these painted frames.

if those are in fact painted, which I think they are a hydroprint after seeing them, it is possible and very likely to have the paint chip on lens swaps...It is an inherent issue due to additional material in the area, and the shear fact that Holbrook and Frogs have very shard edged flat lenses. They tear up frames that haven't been painted or coated, so add that extra thickness and you have a sure issue at some point...

Really? Skate decks chipping? Thats like buying a pair of pre-ripped jeans, then complaining when the holes rip further.

I think he means that the whole point of the Skate Decks is their "worn, ragged" look.

Maybe. But color faded is different from chipping. Anyways the main point of this thread was just a friendly heads up for anyone thinking about doing this, it's not the best idea.

Back