• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Snow Goggles (Wisdom and Old A Frame)

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
Here's a question for the shredders out there.
I've got a Wisdom Frame and a couple lenses in quite good condition, but the foam around it has began to loosen and some little pieces have began falling off, anyone knows how to fix this? I don't want to screw them up, I don't use them as much as I used to but I love the set, so I'd like to keep it in decent shape to wear them every once in a while.
Now about the A frame, I've had these for about 4 years now, and the last time I wore them I landed on my face and cracked the inner part of the lens. I know the original A frame is gone (I think 2.0 is on sale right now) so I was wondering if the A frame 2.0 lens fit my old model. Has anyone tried?
Thanks in advance for the answers!

Ps. and if the wisdom is irreparable and if the new A frame lens doesn't fit the old A frame, what would you buy? An Airwave 1.5 (it seems awesome!) or a Flight Deck snow Prizm?

BTW anyone remember the official color of this Wisdom lens? It's been years since I bought it (Xmas 2007). Oh and sorry about the pic I was trying a "suave" look.

IMG_3024.JPG

One could still get A frame lenses last year, 2.0s don't fit afaik. It is possible to find replacement foam, but it isn't OEM Oakley and you have to fully remove the old foam and glue in the new. If it just coming loose in a couple of places you can glue it back. I don't think Oakley will fix it, but it is worth a call (they used to replace foam on models in the past)

I didn't like the Airwave (it was cool, but heavier than the Airbrakes and Canopy I use). The FD XM is sweet, but I have loads of lenses for my Airbrakes so I'll stay with those.

I've got a Wisdom Frame and a couple lenses in quite good condition, but the foam around it has began to loosen and some little pieces have began falling off, anyone knows how to fix this? I don't want to screw them up, I don't use them as much as I used to but I love the set, so I'd like to keep it in decent shape to wear them every once in a while.
Now about the A frame, I've had these for about 4 years now, and the last time I wore them I landed on my face and cracked the inner part of the lens. I know the original A frame is gone (I think 2.0 is on sale right now) so I was wondering if the A frame 2.0 lens fit my old model. Has anyone tried?

Ps. and if the wisdom is irreparable and if the new A frame lens doesn't fit the old A frame, what would you buy? An Airwave 1.5 (it seems awesome!) or a Flight Deck snow Prizm?

the A frame 2.0 lens will not fit the original A frame. The tabs on the lens are different. Just replace the Wisdom with a new frame, you are due for sure!! :dontmentionit:

I'll try to fix the Wisdom just because I like it so damn much, I can live without the A frame since it ain't as cool as the Wisdom. Now I love the Flight Deck, but the Airwave 1.5 looks (in paper at least) as everything you could need in the snow, is it really that bad/uncomfortable?

It was OK, but it didn't really do anything for me and the hud lost it's fun factor quickly. It is a while ago, but I resisted it at the about $100 I could have kept it for and got a second Airbrake instead. It is a cool gadget so maybe I should have gotten one for my brother who is in the IT business...

It was OK, but it didn't really do anything for me and the hud lost it's fun factor quickly. It is a while ago, but I resisted it at the about $100 I could have kept it for and got a second Airbrake instead. It is a cool gadget so maybe I should have gotten one for my brother who is in the IT business...
I'm in IT as well, so I'll test the Airwave one more time and see how it goes. I really like it but the price is steep for something I'll use 2 weeks a year

I'm in IT as well, so I'll test the Airwave one more time and see how it goes. I really like it but the price is steep for something I'll use 2 weeks a year

There might be some good deals out there, Afaik it wasn't selling too well.. I think there were some one the forum, might be worth a search to see if they are available

EBAY

Back