• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Splice color combination

Cekgsk

Oakley Beginner
Recently purchased a pair of Splice and I'm trying to research the color combination. I thought they were the Rootbeer, however the orange rubber doesn't match other I have seen. Any help would be appreciated.
20210721_171854.jpg
20210721_171914.jpg
20210721_171900.jpg
20210721_171906.jpg

Thanks David. I think I'm [sorta] up to speed on this pair now. The only thing that looks potentially fake to me about this pair is the "OAKLEY" printing on the nose bridge. According to O-Review pics, the Platinum/Rootbeer color way doesn't have printing at all. Other than that, the rubber looks like the new Linegear ear socks and some other matching nose pads, since Linegear didn't make nose pads for Splice that I'm aware of.

I thought the reddish color shining through the rootbeer lowers was from the bright nose pads, and rear light source.

Is anyone sure that the Platinum/Rootbeer model NEVER had the printing on the nose bridge? I have several pairs of Splice; 3 pairs do not have the "OAKLEY" printing, and 1 pair does (my JP Montoya, in Mint Condiction, sorry... that's another topic :dance:) ... but I don't have any rootbeer pairs to examine.

Latest Posts

Back