• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Splice / Gascan customs

Spc369

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
uk
Quick story, or just skip to the photos 😂
A couple of years ago @Rick58 did a Splice custom which caught my eye and stayed with me. I remember thinking thats in the style of the Weyland Power Lifter.
Skip forward to this year i reached out to Rick to see if he still had it and would consider selling. Rick told me it was now in the possesion of @The Proprietary Molecule .
I messaged Dave to see if he would re-create one for me ( with Ricks approval) but slightly different. The project was on. As im in the uk it was easier to source the Splice frame in the usa and Dave went above and beyond sourcing a suitable donor from ebay.
Well as he was doing one for me it made sense to add another in the same style so a Gascan was purchased from @Oakman1992 and also sent to Dave.
Dave then worked his magic on both frames and the result is exactly what i wanted.
So Thankyou to everyone above and if ive gone on a bit, well thats how happy i am with them 😎

IMG_0477.jpeg

IMG_0478.jpeg

IMG_0473.jpeg

IMG_7848.jpeg

Quick story, or just skip to the photos 😂
A couple of years ago @Rick58 did a Splice custom which caught my eye and stayed with me. I remember thinking thats in the style of the Weyland Power Lifter.
Skip forward to this year i reached out to Rick to see if he still had it and would consider selling. Rick told me it was now in the possesion of @The Proprietary Molecule .
I messaged Dave to see if he would re-create one for me ( with Ricks approval) but slightly different. The project was on. As im in the uk it was easier to source the Splice frame in the usa and Dave went above and beyond sourcing a suitable donor from ebay.
Well as he was doing one for me it made sense to add another in the same style so a Gascan was purchased from @Oakman1992 and also sent to Dave.
Dave then worked his magic on both frames and the result is exactly what i wanted.
So Thankyou to everyone above and if ive gone on a bit, well thats how happy i am with them 😎

View attachment 1078039

View attachment 1078040

View attachment 1078041

View attachment 1078042

The original Splice in question was an idea I had, that @Rick58 brought to life, before he helped me learn how to do my own customs.

He’s my guru / mentor, so most of my abilities were honed by him and @Soulfulfrog

Much appreciated gents. :agree: :agree:

The original Splice in question was an idea I had, that @Rick58 brought to life, before he helped me learn how to do my own customs.

He’s my guru / mentor, so most of my abilities were honed by him and @Soulfulfrog

Much appreciated gents. :agree: :agree:
Now you just need to move to the uk please🙏🏼

Back