• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Splice lenses

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Oakley Splice lenses, black iridium polarized, black iridium or gold iridium. original Oakley brand only in the box or mint. ( no aftermarket lenses ). my model is 12-622 5.56

Paypal only

Some people reacted to this post.
There’s a gold one on eBay I believe

Username Hidden said:
There’s a gold one on eBay I believe
Thanks, they are for Unknown glasses, everyone here tells me they fit loose but will work if you shim them. Don't really want to do that yet, so I'm asking here first.

Username Hidden said:
Thanks, they are for Unknown glasses, everyone here tells me they fit loose but will work if you shim them. Don't really want to do that yet, so I'm asking here first.
Oh you’re right, they labeled them incorrectly. Best of luck! Custom cut might be the best route

I bought grey Unknown lenses direct from Oakley and popped them into my Matte/Crystal pair. They fit perfect. No shim at all. I think it'll vary from frame to frame, lens to lens. Even if you buy OEM, you can run the risk of loose lenses. It all depends on Oakley QC and the condition of your frames. Usually it's more your frames.

Not to beat a dead horse, but given that Splice lenses are harder to find new in box, you may have better luck reaching out to @Chris A Hardaway for custom cuts.
He's an awesome guy to work with and for the service he provides, you can't beat the price or the experience. I've had just about every lens I wear daily chopped by him and he's a good guy to shoot the bull with, too.
You can either reach out and see what he has in stock or what he may be able order to have cut, or you can send in a set of donors and your frames and he'll cut them to the exact fit.

(for donors, go to the DIY/Modding threads to find the ideal donor list by @cacatman and co., but Straightlink is pretty much the bread and butter)

Username Hidden said:
Not to beat a dead horse, but given that Splice lenses are harder to find new in box, you may have better luck reaching out to @Chris A Hardaway for custom cuts.
He's an awesome guy to work with and for the service he provides, you can't beat the price or the experience. I've had just about every lens I wear daily chopped by him and he's a good guy to shoot the bull with, too.
You can either reach out and see what he has in stock or what he may be able order to have cut, or you can send in a set of donors and your frames and he'll cut them to the exact fit.

(for donors, go to the DIY/Modding threads to find the ideal donor list by @cacatman and co., but Straightlink is pretty much the bread and butter)
Thanks for the mention, @Xformr, but all credit goes to those who submitted the information, sometimes sacrificing lenses in order to discover and share the information. I just compiled the info.

If you live in Europe, you may consider approaching @Wavecloud Customs to handcut for you.

@Chris A Hardaway does machine cutting but it requires a slightly larger donor. If it's a tight donor fit, then handcutting can be done by sending to @SiRacer420.

All the aforementioned people are EXTREMELY reasonably priced.

Some people collect splices. @Zax, @jdd32, @GRFMotorsports or @SpliceD may have lenses.

I do have spare Emerald lenses :behindsofa:

There are plenty of donors for BIP or Black Iridium still. My rate for a set is $95. They only take about 7-10 days once you place an order. You do have to mail your frame to CA. Polarized will be slightly more (like $20+).

Gold Iridium is going to be tough. From my records Oakley no longer sells donors. Look for Flak Jacket XLJ lenses or Straight Jacket, New 2 lenses would work.

Good luck!!! If you can't find OEM trust me, a clean cut will be better than OEM. Since old OEM could have been improperly stored and the iridium can even wipe right off after a cleaning or two (even if gentle and using oakley cleaner)... just ask @htrap2294