• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Split Jackets left me

yugotprblms

Oakley Beginner
So I've finally lost the Split Jackets I've had for at least 7 years. They were my do it all sports shades. At one point, a year or so after getting them, I ran over them with my car while leaving college. I then went back later in the day, found them, replaced the lenges and jaws, and they had served me ever since.

We're on Kauai for vacation at the moment, and I had put them on before hopping on a back on a kayak to paddle back down the Wailua river. My weight wasn't centered, the boat tipped over, I got dunked a bit, and the glasses were gone. I searched the bottom for as long as I felt I could, but to no avail. It's a bit weird, but I do feel a bit sentimental about losing them. I used them for every active type situation, and now I will never see them again. Quite the bummer.

It's time to replace them. I really liked the shape and style of them. Simple, but aggressive looking enough. Not massive or ridiculous looking. If I could find a new/unused pair for a reasonable price, I would probably go for them. I'd likely pick up some Jawbones if those were available in a similar capacity. I haven't spent any real time looking around here for any pairs yet, so I am aware that may have just not seen any. As for current models, the SI Shocktube looks like a larger version of the SJ, so that may be a viable option. The Flak 2.0 Xl looks alright as well, but there's something about the fully rimmed designs that I seem to prefer.

The search has just begun, and any pointers or areas to look (I know these forums) would be appreciated. Partly just wanted to tell the brief, likely underwhelming story of my departed Oakleys.

Thanks

So I've finally lost the Split Jackets I've had for at least 7 years. They were my do it all sports shades. At one point, a year or so after getting them, I ran over them with my car while leaving college. I then went back later in the day, found them, replaced the lenges and jaws, and they had served me ever since.

We're on Kauai for vacation at the moment, and I had put them on before hopping on a back on a kayak to paddle back down the Wailua river. My weight wasn't centered, the boat tipped over, I got dunked a bit, and the glasses were gone. I searched the bottom for as long as I felt I could, but to no avail. It's a bit weird, but I do feel a bit sentimental about losing them. I used them for every active type situation, and now I will never see them again. Quite the bummer.

It's time to replace them. I really liked the shape and style of them. Simple, but aggressive looking enough. Not massive or ridiculous looking. If I could find a new/unused pair for a reasonable price, I would probably go for them. I'd likely pick up some Jawbones if those were available in a similar capacity. I haven't spent any real time looking around here for any pairs yet, so I am aware that may have just not seen any. As for current models, the SI Shocktube looks like a larger version of the SJ, so that may be a viable option. The Flak 2.0 Xl looks alright as well, but there's something about the fully rimmed designs that I seem to prefer.

The search has just begun, and any pointers or areas to look (I know these forums) would be appreciated. Partly just wanted to tell the brief, likely underwhelming story of my departed Oakleys.

Thanks
Lots a words.

Back