• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Split Shot Frame Choice

TheSentridoh

Oakley Beginner
I'm just about to replace my old prescription Stealth Monster Dogs and order some Prescription Split Shots. I've tried these on in an Oakley Brand store and they were the best fitting frames for my needs. In the UK, and that store could not take my prescription order, I have to do it through an optician. I can't get back to the store any time soon to answer my questions below.

I tried matte black and was set on this frame, however its only available with a blue icon.
The Black Ink frame has a black/grey icon, but I can not determine the look and feel of the black ink frames from the website photos and renders. I don't want shiny piano black frames, but don't mind a satin or matte frame. Also Matte Carbon, is that just a matte grey frame?
How do they compare?

Also are the split shot icons replaceable?

thanks.

Last edited:
ok this video showed me the frames:
So I dont want black ink or matte carbon. I want Matte Black, but without the blue icon, which isn't an option I can get.

Also are the split shot icons replaceable? If so, how?

I cancelled the Split shot order, as I had issues with my prescription on my new glasses, and didn't want to carry that issue through to the sun glasses. I've since been to a new optician, had a new eye test and they made some changes to the astigmatism correction. I have two new Oakley frames, OX3218 Socket 5.5 Satin Pewter and OX5099 Tincup 0.5 Ti Powder Coal. The Sockets are my office/computer glasses and the Tincup just arrived from Italy, so are going to my optician on monday to have the lenses fitted. These are distance. Once these have been tested and i'm happy with the distance prescription, I'll reorder my Split Shot sunglasses.
The logo parts I ordered from Oakley Service in Italy came, but they didn't give me the selection I ordered, just a bunch the same, 3x Gunmetal and 2x satin Chrome. I'd ordered black both matt and gloss, but can't be bothered fixing it, I'll use these to replace the blue.

Latest Posts

Back