• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Still deals to be had...

Agree, with one correction - in that case it's not scalping if $200 is a fair price in relation to the current market value for that pair.

But squeezing a guy for every penny he's willing to cough up for the pair, with no regard to current market value, would be scalping.

It's subjective. He doesn't have to buy the item if he doesn't want to which means there won't be a market value if there's not a buyer.

I appreciate your point and I completely understand where you're coming from, I guess it's just a different of opinions.

It's subjective. He doesn't have to buy the item if he doesn't want to which means there won't be a market value if there's not a buyer.

I appreciate your point and I completely understand where you're coming from, I guess it's just a different of opinions.

Well yes, that's how market value is set, not by the price listed but by the price people are willing to pay. And that's what gets into the grey area around scalping and causes lots of arguments here, whether a listed price is an interpretation of the current market or an attempt to scalp.

But the definition of scalping is quite clear and there's nothing subjective about said definition. It's whether or not a particular listing constitutes scalping that can sometimes be subjective. But not always.

Deals are def. out there. If you happen to buy a $63.00 R1, NO ONE would expect you to sell it for that price let just be honest. How-ever the 'scalping' that people here get mad about is when say a limited item is released (we have seen several items released where only 500 where produced) and someone spends there time tracking down as many as the can possible get and then selling at inflated prices because there time is valuable.

Back