• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Storing extra lenses

In the Oakley foams, in priority mail boxes, in the bottom of one of the double wides. WAAAAAAAAAY too many to store them any other way while trying to keep them organized.

IMG_4657.JPG

I was putting them in my cool Flak Jacket XLJ Case. Now I store them in a micro lense bag inside an Oakley lense box. The Flak case has room for two pair plus the glasses. I just realized that I don't need to tote extra lenses with me unless I'm going on vacation. I just wonder if anyone says, "Oh, gettin' a little cloudy. Time to change lenses again.".
It's just that, changing lenses in my Flak Jacket XLJ's is just not as easy as advertised by Oakley. It does only take me about a minute to change them, but I can't help but think that as the lenses snap into place, there isn't a little bit of wear to the frame or lense contact points. Those materials may just be tougher and stronger than I'm giving them credit for.
But, I have memories of the temples on My Moons snapping in two even though I handled them with great care. Also, besides the temples, all at once the orbits disintegrated for no good reason and I caught the lens as it fell out and headed for the asphalt of the parking lot by my feet.
I just hope the contact surfaces of my Flaks are tough enough to function as intended. I think that they will probably be just fine. I only change them a few times per year.

Last edited:
Back