• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Violet vs Violet Iridium side-by-side

snletour

Oakley Beginner
Hi Everyone,

I was taking a look at buying the Holbrooks with the Prizm Violet lenses (link below). I love the look of them on the website, but I would ideally want to get those frames with prescription lenses. Unfortunately I see that the only violet lenses you can get with RX are Violet Iridium.

Could anyone provide a side-by-side of those 2 lenses for comparison? I'd like to see how different they really look in real life (it can be hard to determine just based on website pics)

Thank you!

Link:

Have you ever looked through violet iridium? They are horrendous. They have this gross yellow/green tint when you look through them. They were my first pair, a gift from someone giving me a low light lens. I graciously accepted and have loathed them ever since. Every couple of years I try to wear them and come to the same conclusion.

I am an Oakley enthusiast and fan, I do not own sunglasses or eyeglasses not made by them. But violet iridium is the worst tint on the planet.

It's night time right now where I am so I can't get a pic in the natural sunlight, but here are some pics I took of each lens. First one is Prizm Violet, the second one is Violet Iridium. Third pic is a shot with both of them together; Prizm on top, Iridium on bottom. (It's very hard to hold two sunglasses with one hand lol) And the last picture is how they look from the outside.

I will update with natural light pics tomorrow.

PXL_20230702_050434667.jpg

PXL_20230702_050421323.jpg

PXL_20230702_050548289.jpg

PXL_20230702_050750276.jpg

Back