• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Subdued Pitboss 1!

Yes you are allowed weapons like that in the US.
IT's funny, you know you have different gun laws to us, but seeing what I presume is a auto assault rifle (I'm guessing) by the BBQ is an odd one to someone from a place where you need a "reason" to get a license to own a high powered air gun!
Still, nice glasses

We all have our opinions about it. I believe in personal safety and have no problem with people owning pistols. I think there should be a little more oversight on the ownership of assault rifles but thats just my personal opinion.

IT's funny, you know you have different gun laws to us, but seeing what I presume is a auto assault rifle (I'm guessing) by the BBQ is an odd one to someone from a place where you need a "reason" to get a license to own a high powered air gun!
Still, nice glasses
It's not fully automatic, it's semi-automatic, meaning every time you pull the trigger it shoots, vs fully automatic where you can hold the trigger down and it continues to shoot. But yes, anyone who is not committed a federal crime can legally buy and own a gun like this (in most places in the US). I agree with Bapd77 and disagree. I don't think there is a ton of application for this weapon in regular life, shot guns and hand guns can pretty much accomplish whatever defense situation you may encounter, where the gun pictured is really more of an offense gun (which would imply your the aggressor). In that sense I agree that perhaps a training course be set up or something that would require some level of understanding of the weapon in order to own one. On the flip side, the reason we have the ability to own guns like this is because the founders of this nation knew that over time government becomes corrupt. The only reason they won the revolutionary war was because the citizens had Arms to fight against a oppressive government. That's the real reason for having the second amendment. It's to keep the government afraid of the people, and not the other way around. With the persecution of religion in the military in the US, with the militarization of local police, the increasing domestic spying and surveillance, the consistent lies coming out of Washington, constant training by the US military for civil unrest... I for one am glad to have this right and a firearm. I would rather die on my feet then live on my knees ;)

It's not fully automatic, it's semi-automatic, meaning every time you pull the trigger it shoots, vs fully automatic where you can hold the trigger down and it continues to shoot. But yes, anyone who is not committed a federal crime can legally buy and own a gun like this (in most places in the US). I agree with Bapd77 and disagree. I don't think there is a ton of application for this weapon in regular life, shot guns and hand guns can pretty much accomplish whatever defense situation you may encounter, where the gun pictured is really more of an offense gun (which would imply your the aggressor). In that sense I agree that perhaps a training course be set up or something that would require some level of understanding of the weapon in order to own one. On the flip side, the reason we have the ability to own guns like this is because the founders of this nation knew that over time government becomes corrupt. The only reason they won the revolutionary war was because the citizens had Arms to fight against a oppressive government. That's the real reason for having the second amendment. It's to keep the government afraid of the people, and not the other way around. With the persecution of religion in the military in the US, with the militarization of local police, the increasing domestic spying and surveillance, the consistent lies coming out of Washington, constant training by the US military for civil unrest... I for one am glad to have this right and a firearm. I would rather die on my feet then live on my knees ;)

So on the assumption you aren't convicted of something, anyone of sound mind etc can own one of those as easily as a 6 shot put in a handbag kind of gun? You are right, it does look a little large just to keep hidden away by the side of the bed in case you get an intruder.
I feel like I should object to the oppressive government comment there, ;-) however, it's probably still true of most of them!
I was at one of our London airports a few months back, still seems strange seeing police carrying any sort of gun, when we got to the Florida Mall (I was heading to the O store) I spotted a guy taking a gun out of his glove box and putting a holster on,.i went the other way just in case! It's funny because in many ways our countries are similar but in just a few key ones a huge difference can be made.

So on the assumption you aren't convicted of something, anyone of sound mind etc can own one of those as easily as a 6 shot put in a handbag kind of gun? You are right, it does look a little large just to keep hidden away by the side of the bed in case you get an intruder.
I feel like I should object to the oppressive government comment there, ;-) however, it's probably still true of most of them!
I was at one of our London airports a few months back, still seems strange seeing police carrying any sort of gun, when we got to the Florida Mall (I was heading to the O store) I spotted a guy taking a gun out of his glove box and putting a holster on,.i went the other way just in case! It's funny because in many ways our countries are similar but in just a few key ones a huge difference can be made.
They run back ground checks at gun stores to make sure your not a felon, but there are ways around back ground checks. So it's not really a perfect system. I agree and disagree with back ground check overall, I don't think that just because you did some bad stuff means you shouldn't be allowed to defend yourself. But whatever.

It is interesting the similarities between our countries and yet the glaring differences. I could see coming from Britain that a random guy with a gun would be a little concerning but it's not uncommon here at all :)

It is interesting the similarities between our countries and yet the glaring differences. I could see coming from Britain that a random guy with a gun would be a little concerning but it's not uncommon here at all :)
It was concerning enough to make me go into the mall via the M and M shop and not the door he was heading towards but not enough to stop me heading to the O store!

Latest Posts

Back