• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

the less loved off-spring of Romeo, the Romeo R2 in carbon

Noak

I should Work at Oakley
Singapore
Picked a carbon R2 from @Linegear Japan early last week, condition is as described, good lens and good rubbers.

I always find that the R2 are less loved compared to the original Romeo. Perhaps its the design, being half frame or that it's trying to be Romeo while bearing heavy Juliet/XX DNA. Carbon finish has always looked classy and it's one of my fav finish, on par with XM.

The only problem? Asians have lower nosebridge, so the current nosepads aren't working well for me. The lenses are almost touching my fat cheek. Luckily, @Linegear Japan is going to release R2 rubbers and HIGHER nosepads somewhere in Nov-Dec, hope that will solve the problem!

Pics below.

IMG_8376_ps.jpg

IMG_8375_ps.jpg

Congrats for the purchase and thank you. Carbon and X-Metal R2 are the two cool frames among R2, imo. And please wait a bit for the R2 rubber. We will post update for sure.

Very cool. Yes, R2 is underrated imho. One of the problems was that there was no spare parts. @Linegear Japan has helped tremendously by creating aftermarket rubber. Maybe we will see an increase in popularity now.

Pretty cool frame. I need to add one to my collection someday soon.

You should seriously consider adding one, espically the carbon finish, my pictures didn’t do justice as it turned out more black than it should. Should have color corrected prior to posting.

You should seriously consider adding one, espically the carbon finish, my pictures didn’t do justice as it turned out more black than it should. Should have color corrected prior to posting.
Yup on the list. I just have to ration the amount of frames I buy or the wife gets angry lol. Soon though

Yeah, they should have called it the Half Juliet or an entirely distinct name instead. Don’t understand why they tried to make the link to the Romeo.

Latest Posts

Back