• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The one that didn't get away

SiRacer420

BWPMF
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
NOLA
So I picked up this XX X Metal the other day. Someone tried to snipe it out from under me and I got it twisted about who it was but enough about that. On to the good part.

I thought well, it's gonna need lenses, rubber and a tune up. But **** it, its 20 bucks! It came in the Monday and definitely needs a tune up but the rubbers are good and the lenses aren't as bad as I thought.
IMG_2242.PNG
IMG_2243.PNG

That's not even what best part. I have close to 200 old stock lenses and about 40 or so pairs I haven't identified yet. I thought on a whim I would get the calipers and measure these XX lenses. I then went and check the mystery lenses as I had already measured them. BAM! Brand new Black and brand new 24K! I had no idea I had these. So now I just need to tune it up using some OXM pins and flex couplers.

image.jpg

The wife thinks it for sale. Ha! HAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHA! She's wrong.

Right? There were a few people offering more after I bought it so my heart was beating triple time until the next day when I got the shipping notification. Still isn't the cheapest I've gotten one for but damn close.

Patience truly pays off sometimes. I haven't gotten quite that good of a deal before but I have gotten some smoking deals from time to time.

So I picked up this XX X Metal the other day. Someone tried to snipe it out from under me and I got it twisted about who it was but enough about that. On to the good part.

I thought well, it's gonna need lenses, rubber and a tune up. But **** it, its 20 bucks! It came in the Monday and definitely needs a tune up but the rubbers are good and the lenses aren't as bad as I thought.
View attachment 306766 View attachment 306767

View attachment 306768

The wife thinks it for sale. Ha! HAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHA! She's wrong.

Dude! Stop writing this stuff down!! Off chance one of her friends asks about your collection and she says "He's on the O forum with a lot of his stuff" and they look.... BOOM!

But seriously great snag....AGAIN.
:mad: