• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The pics of the FMJ Purple Scars

--wqHQ.jpg
Thank you, @Oak Heel. It does look good.

So you likey, @Trump.............

I think so. Chrome and FMJ frames are susceptible to batch variations. I have a lot of FMJ frames that are supposed to be the same color and no two are alike. I posted a thread on it here years ago. Just like in iridium variations over time there will be variations in the color applied to the frames as well. Heck I have that one positive red lens that has a ton of green in it. I'm not knocking the coolness of the color I just think it's batch variation related and possible exposure to different elements or temperatures that brought out the purple hue period I have had some black chrome straight jackets that had a purple Hue to them as well, I never thought that much of it no doubt that is a cool color.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think so. Chrome and FMJ frames are susceptible to batch variations. I have a lot of FMJ frames that are supposed to be the same color and no two are alike. I posted a thread on it here years ago. Just like in iridium variations over time there will be variations in the color applied to the frames as well. Heck I have that one positive red lens that has a ton of green in it. I'm not knocking the coolness of the color I just think it's batch variation related and possible exposure to different elements or temperatures that brought out the purple hue period I have had some black chrome straight jackets that had a purple Hue to them as well, I never thought that much of it no doubt that is a cool color.

I didn't think you were knocking it, just trying to get your valid point accross. I accept your reasoning.......WE COOOOOOOOOOOOL :)

Agreed on variations of Black Chrome. Here are pics of 2 Black Chrome SJ I have....one looking more "pink" than the other.

d000c826a63c4c0927959f6e207427a3.jpg

c7b668b8735b6885eeff36bc2ddc4665.jpg