• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Video Games Thread

True story:

When I was like 7 my dad was in the navy and we lived in Virginia.

Grandma got me a Sega Genesis with joe Montana football for xmas one year.

Dad made her return it and buy me a football and told me I should want to be like **** Butkis. Not Joe Montana 😂
I kind of agree with his philosophy. As the father of 5 boys, it's as addictive to them as crack. if you look at the studies, video games should really only be allowed for those 21+.

I havent payed video games since my 16-bit sega genesi and yall dont even know about JOE MONTANA FOOTBALL

It was Madden before Madden
This was my childhood football video game
View attachment 711466
1583944362195.jpeg

My uncles used to have one of the electric vibrating football games. I would play with it as a kid all the time, thought it was the greatest thing ever.

I havent payed video games since my 16-bit sega genesi and yall dont even know about JOE MONTANA FOOTBALL

It was Madden before Madden

actually Joe Montana football and Madden were out at the same time. i liked Joe Montana football more though. it was more visually realistic by far at the time.

actually Joe Montana football and Madden were out at the same time. i liked Joe Montana football more though. it was more visually realistic by far at the time.

Ya they were both out but joe Montana was "madden" before Madden.

It was all the hype, 16-bit.

Then everyone moved to the next new system(I think it was 64) and Montana was limited to sega with Sega

i only know because i played it at a friends house. like you my parents thought video games were the devil. i didn't have a system till i after i started my first job and bought one in probably junior year of high school. that's why i play them as a adult. lol.

Which is the best handheld game console in the market right now? I’m tired of watching movies/TV shows. Lol.

Any of you guys play (call of duty Mobile) ? I usually don’t get into video games but I am pretty much addicted to COD. It’s a bad ass game!

Which is the best handheld game console in the market right now? I’m tired of watching movies/TV shows. Lol.
Nintendo Switch. You can dock it and plug into the TV but I use mine exclusively as a handheld. There’s a Switch Lite too, which is exclusively handheld, but I prefer the original.

Nintendo Switch. You can dock it and plug into the TV but I use mine exclusively as a handheld. There’s a Switch Lite too, which is exclusively handheld, but I prefer the original.
Thanks. Yes I was reading that not all games are compatible with the lite either. Is the psp vita a good alternative? Switch seems to unavailable everywhere. I have been out of touch and the last time I was really active, was when the psp3 came out. I prefer handhelds as well.

Last edited:
Back