• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Video Games Thread

Looking for a good single player turn based game. Just finished symphony of war not long ago and need something new.

Looking for a good single player turn based game. Just finished symphony of war not long ago and need something new.
Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth. Got turned on to LAD/Yakuza by the first turn-based instalment Like A Dragon (aka Yakuza 7) and the new one is great too.

Installing as I post. The box is wider than Remake’s Deluxe Edition - I guess there’s more in there this time round. Haven’t really looked through the contents, just grabbed the box with the two discs. The outer box is the same weird rubberised card as the previous one this time, unlike XVI’s DE.

View attachment 1121342
Loving this game! Game of the year so far for me this.

I checked out the LAD series on steam,. ,thanks for mentioning it. Had no idea these were turn based fighting. Do you think it matter what one you play first?

I checked out the LAD series on steam,. ,thanks for mentioning it. Had no idea these were turn based fighting. Do you think it matter what one you play first?
Only Like a Dragon and Infinite Wealth are turn-based, the rest are real-time fighting. All of them have masses of optional activities though. I played Like A Dragon (the 8th in the main series as there is a 0) first and didn’t feel I missed out as it features a new protagonist, although I didn’t get the cameos as well as I would have done if I knew the series. Definitely play Like A Dragon before Infinite Wealth though.

I liked it so much I went and played my way through the entire series, even though real-time combat isn’t my usual bag.

Loving this game! Game of the year so far for me this.
Got my date of choice this time - I think I got stuck with Barret the first time through the original. It just got interrupted though, so someone is in for a bad time…

IMG_6035.jpeg

I’m hoping for Tifa but the Ancient seems to be bonded to me more.
I was a bit premature, I went on the date with Tifa in chapter 8 but read that the date proper happens in chapter 12 so the game still has time to screw me over!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back