• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Time Bomb

I think the guy felt bad he couldn't help me. Gave 'em for free. He also told me if I could get another off ebay there was a chance they'd be able to transplant the crystals, but I doubt it's worth it for me to find a broken one on a maybe. I think I'm gonna try going to a jeweler or watch repair and seeing if they can do something.
i think the crystals are unique, so unless u have one fabbed its a slim chance. also not worth buying a dead one just for the crystal.. the titaniun casing and band itself is worth most of the value anyway

Just got my first TB.
SKU# 10-010, Cannon Yellow/ ION plated steel bracelet-----CL steal, waiting on the arrival
Good thing the RED event is close to HQ. I might have to drop it off there. We will see

Just bought a completely mashed stealth time bomb. Capacitor not charging and the crystal is very marked. I'm in the process of giving it a bit of a rub down manually but is taking a while!! I'm hoping the crystal will polish out and the capacitors are still available in the UK.
null_zps37011428.jpg

Thanks. I've stripped virtually all the dark coating off now so just need to get it polished or blasted by X Man. I'm hoping the fairly deep scratches will come out and praying for a capacitor. Ill keep you posted :)

capacitor-

i co-authored this article awhile back.

O-Review

buy it on ebay.

seiko part number 3023 5MZ

i just changed mine. you need to file/sand down your finest flathead drivers to get at the small slots in the screws, but pretty simple (as long ad you dont lose screws etc)

all good man. if you want it polished, send it to a good jeweller, they do some speccy work. blasting it to "Xmetal" satin is also a good option. i have to say though, the polished does stand out more so than the satin.

with the crystal, since its that far gone, its a good candidate for some aggressive cut and polish.

I would use the old sandpaper method - start with coarse grit and work your way up to the fine stuff... lots of elbow grease but it will pay off.

Thanks very my h for the advice. I have changed the capacitor and it seems to be running well now. I was offered a trade in from Oakley on a new watch for 40% off a new one but they want the watch back. I've 6 months to decide and was considering a hollowpoint but almost can't bear to let them have it now its working. I've polished the watch an awful lot over the last week or so and it looks quite good to be fair but the glass is in a bad way. Are you meaning I would need to sandpaper the glass to sort this out? Thanks man I appreciate the help. Pics below

8B307AD1-A81B-4BFB-AB1B-24E92D29F533_zpsjpklpead.jpg

371F508F-08EF-423E-9280-DA579924084F_zpso2jbkjpe.jpg

Latest Posts

Back