• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

True Colors for Oakley Lens?

Stormboy55

Oakley Beginner
New to Oakley and live in Florida. Don’t do much on the water or the beach even though I live near the coast. I would like recommendation for a few lenses that will show enhanced greens and blues. I’ve looked and read a lot online but the more read seems like the more confused I get. I have been to some stores that carry Oakley. I just want true colors that pop.

True colors or the blues/greens to pop?

Tru colors, stick with neutral base. To make colors pop...Tungsten Prizm kind of brightens everything. Old school lenses, ruby is blue and fire is green...

If it’s POP ya want, you’re auditioning for “contrast” lenses.
“Neutral” lenses are true to vision.
Try to decipher this listing for your needs, but be aware; many are legacy tints no longer produced.
Cacatman’s Exhaustive Compilation of Lenses
There may still be some available here, or on the secondary market.
You might also find the tint you need via manufacturers other than Oakley, but I can’t help ya with that...
WELCOME.
:hi:

Depends on which "pop" you're looking for.

Most Prizm lenses actually eliminate excessive blues from popping, but that's the route I'd go.
DWP, Prizm Ruby, Prizm Maritime, Prizm Tungsten. They are all awesome lenses but have slightly different "pop" profiles.

If you can get ahold of them, my faves are VR28 BIP, OO BIP, Titanium, and Emerald Polarized. Each have their own "color pop" profile and used fir different lighting/conditions.

Back