• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ultra early R1 Plasma

Never seen one in person, but, is this plasma like the bone style gen 1 Juliet plasma or the 1st gen tio XX? By the pics, it looks much smoother, like the newer gen plasmas but like painted (I don't know if that makes sense). But anyway, it is super cool, wanna trade for a "crappy" xm finish R1, lol? Congrats on the low serial too!
Apologize in advance if I'm wrong, but here's my insight.

Well I believe my Romeo Plasma is 1st gen because of the low serial number 000256. Comparing to all my plasma, the finish isn't as shiny to the one we usually like later gen. I'm sure this forum as also thread to discuss about this matter too and gotta check if I can find it.

Here's my photo, it isn't as cool how @NuttyOAK13Y would take his photos. ;)
IMG_2039.JPG

Apologize in advance if I'm wrong, but here's my insight.

Well I believe my Romeo Plasma is 1st gen because of the low serial number 000256. Comparing to all my plasma, the finish isn't as shiny to the one we usually like later gen. I'm sure this forum as also thread to discuss about this matter too and gotta check if I can find it.

Here's my photo, it isn't as cool how @NuttyOAK13Y would take his photos. ;)
View attachment 373762
Definitely not as shiny as the later ones. Will be getting mine tomorrow, must compare them to the other pairs I have.

It's first generation of the Fire Romeo model itself but not the first generation of the plasma finish. Oakley released the Fire Romeo years after they had introduced the first two Romeo color ways, so the plasma finish took advantage of the improvements to the coating Oakley had made through the years. On a Juliet, the Plasma coating you have on your Romeo would have had an 'A' prefix. Maybe 'B'. Hard to tell with the picture's lighting.

It's first generation of the Fire Romeo model itself but not the first generation of the plasma finish. Oakley released the Fire Romeo years after they had introduced the first two Romeo color ways, so the plasma finish took advantage of the improvements to the coating Oakley had made through the years. On a Juliet, the Plasma coating you have on your Romeo would have had an 'A' prefix. Maybe 'B'. Hard to tell with the picture's lighting.
You're saying there was no gen 1 Plasma R1?

Back