• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ultra early R1 Plasma

You mean of the gen 1 plasma finish, the one called the bone finish with matte satin? No, not that I can remember. The only matte satin finish was on the titanium Romeo.

You mean of the gen 1 plasma finish, the one called the bone finish with matte satin? No, not that I can remember. The only matte satin finish was on the titanium Romeo.
There is a gen 1 plasma R1. The finish you refer to on the plasma Juliet was a different finish.

Plasma has been the same finish across all the X-metals. They were just changed throughout the years to make it last longer. If you feel there is a gen 1 plasma Romeo, please do share the picture with the serial number. Oftentimes when i see someone say that, it is usually a Fire lens put into a first gen Titanium Romeo.

Plasma has been the same finish across all the X-metals. They were just changed throughout the years to make it last longer. If you feel there is a gen 1 plasma Romeo, please do share the picture with the serial number. Oftentimes when i see someone say that, it is usually a Fire lens put into a first gen Titanium Romeo.
You just need to refer to the serial register.
SerialFrameNotes
#### Michael Jordan Romeo
###### All Romeo or Time Bomb
######A Romeo 2nd Gen (Plasma/ Titanium)
I have had a 2nd gen Romeo 1 plasma and it had the A at the end of the serial. This one I have is a gen 1.

You just need to refer to the serial register.
SerialFrameNotes
#### Michael Jordan Romeo
###### All Romeo or Time Bomb
######A Romeo 2nd Gen (Plasma/ Titanium)
I have had a 2nd gen Romeo 1 plasma and it had the A at the end of the serial. This one I have is a gen 1.

Understood. I did previously say 'It's first generation of the Fire Romeo model itself but not the first generation of the plasma finish.' I think we were just confusing the finish on the frame versus the model color way. We are on the same page now.

Understood. I did previously say 'It's first generation of the Fire Romeo model itself but not the first generation of the plasma finish.' I think we were just confusing the finish on the frame versus the model color way. We are on the same page now.
I get ya. Yes, the first appearance of plasma finish was the bone finish which fell off if you even walked within two yards of it lol.

It's first generation of the Fire Romeo model itself but not the first generation of the plasma finish. Oakley released the Fire Romeo years after they had introduced the first two Romeo color ways, so the plasma finish took advantage of the improvements to the coating Oakley had made through the years. On a Juliet, the Plasma coating you have on your Romeo would have had an 'A' prefix. Maybe 'B'. Hard to tell with the picture's lighting.
Thanks and appreciate for the knowledge.
Now I see why the R&D team had to improve the plasma coat. Have a bone romeo and those black marks over time.

Not sure if this would help, but Here's a better photo of the Romeo.
IMG_2119.JPG

Back