• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Very Bad Investment...

Thanks for the breakdown infinitehero. The pair of glasses I restored did not come with temple shocks and the washers were all rusted and torn. So considering that Oakley provided T shocks and installed new washers, my only option for these glasses was to send them to Oakley. That said, I will be sending in a pair of my daily beaters to Xman soon for tune up. I've heard such good reviews and this way, I can compare the services side by side.

With either service, it doesn't look like buying and restoring Oakley's provide much profit to be made. I've always boughten used frames because the up front cost is cheaper but I imagine at least 90% of used frames on the market are due for tune ups. It almost seems like one would get the best deal from buying a new frame (with F&F) then wearing them until they are due for a tune up and at that point, sell them. With this restored pair, I spent more than I would have for a brand new pair, and I don't have a box, papers and even missing the microfiber pouch. I should add that cost to the list.

Yep, you are correct Kiwi, on that specific comparison and viewpoint. Now take away the F and F and see then. I was tyring to point out with what you had, the possibilities. With all that, no it was not even a wash, but now that almost all Xmetals are sold in the stores, the F and F doesnt really help anymore for getting BNIB. Ebay prices are sky-high, unless your lucky which I am not. Restoring them still is a Great way to bring value back. I will take all frames from you that you want for 150-160 that need work. :D
Sometimes I have lenses laying around that can go in them that I have no real cost in, so in my case it helps to do that.

Yes,it like very bad investment, Everyone should think before the investment. Otherwise it can be create big problem for you.

Back