• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vintage Wildberry n Milk Japan value?

Bernie Fincham

Oakley Beginner
Central IL
I got these a long time ago, and was thinking about selling... have no idea the value.

88299316-50C2-40A8-9C85-424B01697B9A.jpeg

2D899CCA-918E-4BB0-91A9-0547FC1223DB.jpeg

62B41BF9-CB2E-42A7-A064-D00651D79B8F.jpeg

6B928184-91B0-4E50-BCB8-12CE6D347469.jpeg

Not sure if everyone knows the story of why the Japanese Frogskins are so important.

This is a rough synopsis of how things happened.

Jim, went to Japan in search of manufacturing for the Frogs in 83'-84'...Oakley wanted to introduce a Lifestyle pair of sunglasses for the masses. He felt so conflicted about looking for cheaper manufacturing that on the flight home thinking of names for the sunglasses, he called them the Frogskins because it was the first time he was trying to do something that was more about the money than the product. Frogskins (Aka Moola, Green backs, Dough) was an ode to the fact that he didn't not want his company to put profit before performance and quality. He then doubled down on "made in the USA" and the rest is history.

Nate doesn’t believe me on any values I give him so someone else will have to verify what I’ve already told him 10 times. Lol

Not sure if everyone knows the story of why the Japanese Frogskins are so important.

This is a rough synopsis of how things happened.

Jim, went to Japan in search of manufacturing for the Frogs in 83'-84'...Oakley wanted to introduce a Lifestyle pair of sunglasses for the masses. He felt so conflicted about looking for cheaper manufacturing that on the flight home thinking of names for the sunglasses, he called them the Frogskins because it was the first time he was trying to do something that was more about the money than the product. Frogskins (Aka Moola, Green backs, Dough) was an ode to the fact that he didn't not want his company to put profit before performance and quality. He then doubled down on "made in the USA" and the rest is history.
great story!

Latest Posts

Back