• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watches (other than Oakley) You're Wearing Today

It has nothing to do with price points or movements.

It has to do with how long each model has been sold over time. I couldn’t tell you a single model.

To me, they all look the same.

It’s like a Buffett of watches. Same with Seiko. 🗑
I was in the seiko is trash camp my whole
life until a personal friend opened me up to them. They have done some amazing stuff, between inventing quartz to helium proof monoblock dive cases, to the spring drive.. they did all this despite being isolated--barred from swiss accuracy competitions because they won everything, being barred from cosc, iso, and any and every other swiss measurement/certification standard because the swiss don't want to be openly outcompeted technically. You can't put a gs next to a rolex and with a loupe and tech specs say the rolex is a finer product in the metal. Yeah they make a bunch of ****, but they also make a bunch of gold.
They are just like the Japanese version of the Swatch group. Swatch makes a bunch of trash (ahem moonswatch etc) but they also make Omega's which we all know are obviously not crap in the metal. Omega also suffers the same too many models to keep track of issue too, but in the metal in hand anything from them is of a very high standard. If seiko is japans swatch gs is japans omega.

Last edited:
IMG_2591.jpeg

IMG_2592.jpeg

yeah it's still seiko not yet gs but it's the marine master seiko
spec sheet here, the movement is in house hand assembled 28.8kbph, shared with gs line. There is just too much breadth and quality within that spectrum to trashbin seiko in general imo
IMG_2570.jpeg

It's a bit of a long story, but sent it to Omega to get it serviced and didn't read the fine print where they can swap parts as the feel necessary. I think about everything on it got swapped out, the service reps an acquaintance of my wife's, the watch had some issues, they repaired it for free, but everything's different, can't really rock the boat too much, and couldn't get a lot of answers. If someone has a suggestion of who I could go through besides Omega to get the proper hands for a 1965 (I think) 321 I'd appreciate it... and a proper bracelet again I guess 😞. Was my dads watch, so glad to have it working properly, though I thought it only had a winding spring issue. Not too happy it's a completely different watch now.

It's a bit of a long story, but sent it to Omega to get it serviced and didn't read the fine print where they can swap parts as the feel necessary. I think about everything on it got swapped out, the service reps an acquaintance of my wife's, the watch had some issues, they repaired it for free, but everything's different, can't really rock the boat too much, and couldn't get a lot of answers. If someone has a suggestion of who I could go through besides Omega to get the proper hands for a 1965 (I think) 321 I'd appreciate it... and a proper bracelet again I guess 😞. Was my dads watch, so glad to have it working properly, though I thought it only had a winding spring issue. Not too happy it's a completely different watch now.
Yeah if I’m being honest. It doesn’t look great. JS

Latest Posts

Back