• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watches (other than Oakley) You're Wearing Today

Thanks for the info and the “congrats”. I’m glad to know they will still service them. “So far” can be a very dangerous statement. 🤣 Sorry to keep asking questions, but in your opinion, do you think if I went to the local Omega boutique, they would be able to provide any info on the process to send a vintage piece off for repair, or do you think they would only be helpful for retail sales only?
They should absolutely know the process and give you a baseline cost. You’ll get an update later on with everything Omega suggest you get done.

Trying to link the US version but it just defaults back to GB for me.

Finally dipping my toes in the Omega pool. Hopefully, soon I make it to the big boy club with the rest of you guys, but for now I’m definitely enjoying this little oldie. Do any of you guys have any recommendations on a reputable place to get it serviced, or know if Omega even services vintage pieces anymore?View attachment 1123291
Beautiful specimen you got there! That applied old school omega logo is sweet!

IMG_9025.jpeg

Fresh service completed; picked up from Moody’s
It’s pretty

Finally dipping my toes in the Omega pool. Hopefully, soon I make it to the big boy club with the rest of you guys, but for now I’m definitely enjoying this little oldie. Do any of you guys have any recommendations on a reputable place to get it serviced, or know if Omega even services vintage pieces anymore?View attachment 1123291
Great watch. Unfortunately when they service it they will replace a number of the parts. I am in the US and agree it has to go back to Switzerland for service. I wanted to find out the year of my Grandad’s watch (1963 by serial) I have a little rust on the edge of the hands. Good luck, just ask what they’ll do….

IMG_5257.jpeg

Yeah... I sent my dad's pre-moon 321 Speedy in and it came back fixed, like brand new, but they changed out almost everything. Bit of a long story, as they always are, but small print says they reserve the right to swap hands and parts as deemed necessary. Glad it's working, but tough pill to swallow.

Yeah... I sent my dad's pre-moon 321 Speedy in and it came back fixed, like brand new, but they changed out almost everything. Bit of a long story, as they always are, but small print says they reserve the right to swap hands and parts as deemed necessary. Glad it's working, but tough pill to swallow.
They changed the hands on my 2013 SeaMaster! Got a little bag of parts. Sorry that happened. That said if that was the only way to get it working….

I had a long discussion with the watchmakers at TAG Heuer about a collector actually meaning it when they say not to polish, not to relume, not to touch up the dial… I don’t think the watch companies as a whole get it.

Certainly not in the collector realm like some of you guys, but by comparison, just had my Tag Super Professional serviced and it's perfect, everything back just the way I sent it. My Speedy doesn't look like a Speedy anymore, certainly not like the one I sent in, not sure how a company with that kind of history and tradition would make those choices.

Back