• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Water/Racing Jacket 1st gen lens replacement

Oakley2013

Oakley Enthusiast
I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but I have looked and couldn't come up with the answer, or find a post about it. I am trying to find out how to replace the lenses in my Water/Racing Jackets 1st gen I think around early 2000 they have non-folding legs some have vented lens and some don't, some have the strap on the legs to go around your head to keep them while in water or whatever and some don't. I need to know how to get the lenses out of the frames safely and how to put lenses back in the frames without damaging the lenses or the frame because I need to replace the lenses in a pair I have. Since the frames don't open up like the new Racing Jacket or like Jawbones I have. I'm not sure how to get my lenses out. If anyone could tell me how to do this or send me a link or anything that could help me get these lenses changed out that would be a great help. Thanks for your time in reading this, and thanks in advance for any good advise on how to change out my lenses in my Water/Racing Jacket. Have a great day.

They pop out the front. Go slow if you have a frame with a finish on it and take your time. You have to pull the farme slight apart and pop the lens out starting at the top. Take your time, go slow and all should be good.

Thank you so much. Yea I have 4 frames. 2 black, 1 blue with flakes in paint, and 1 white. I been wondering how to do that. But afraid of braking the lens or the frames or braking lens and chipping the frames/paint. Thanks again I'll give it a try.

I tryed what you said, and it worked out great. You could never tell the lenses had been changed out of the frames, they look new. You helped me bring a old amazing pair of jackets back to life so I can wear again. They was in great shape just bad lenses, but now with your advice and the lens change they look like you just walked out of the Oakley store with them new in hand. Thank you so much for the advice, it was a great help!

Back