• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

West Coast Greetings

8J8

Oakley Expert
The year was 2001. The cost was $95. And so it began....

I've been browsing the forum for some time now, and figured it was about time to join.

I bought my first pair of Oakleys in 2001. The black/black iridium eye jacket. I've worn Oakley exclusively ever since. Over the years I have obtained several different types of products. Everything from clothing to backpacks, to golf bags, work boots, wallets, etc. It used to be all about the brand, everything had to be Oakley. Nowadays with 2 kids and a mortgage, I appreciate Oakley for their quality, durability and style.

My philosophy on my collection is that I purchase my shades to wear. I have about 20ish pair, 3 watches and lots of apparel and accessories. I don't necessarily collect the rare series or the ultra high end models, but most definitely appreciate them for their artistry and design. My all time favorites are my ruby Juliets, and the always classic straight jacket FMJ with ice and blue flames. The fuel cell is a new favorite of the current variety. I've been lucky enough to pick up a few different models so far.

Over the years, my interest has thrived and died out a handful of times. Finding this forum has rejuvenated my interest yet again and I can't wait to see what comes out in the future.

...And it all started with $95 and a set of eye jackets 13 years ago.

Latest Posts

Back