• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What is the most "Prizmest" Prizm lens? (recommendations please)

Prizm golf will be the most intense Prizm I find when it comes to the color contrast it creates for greens, browns, and other earth tones. For many it’s even too much pop!

Prizm tungsten and Shallow Water are similar with a muuuch lower VLT. My $0.02!

How's the prizm trail? Is it okay for driving? 😂 fkin sub zero should've came with pos red
Prizm Trail for driving is totally fine; I use them when its cloudy and raining outside in the Oregon weather, they most definitely make everything pop.

As for OP's original question, I vote for 24K. It's insane how much colors look so much more vibrant when looking through those lenses.

Update: I ended up getting a few new frames - one with Prizm Tungsten, a Prizm Jade and a Prizm Grey. I like Prizm Grey because it's actually more black-looking that the silvery Prizm Black and seems to enhance contrast just a tad more than Prizm Black (which doesn't enhance contrast at all IMO). Prizm Jade is nice and makes it feel like a cloudy day with a slight purple tint.

Prizm Tungsten is AMAZING. Wearing it just feels so relaxing and it makes the greens pop significantly more than any other Prizm lenses I've tried. Now I want more frames with Tungsten although I would love to try Rx Prizm Bronze someday if it ever becomes available.

Prizm Ruby makes green pop alot, especially in direct sunlight.
But, I do not like how Prizm Ruby handles shadows and it does not offer contrast when looking at browns. It excels when looking at a green field or green trees in direct sunlight contrasted against a blue sky.

Sorry to Necro this post, but could anyone compare for me golf and ruby against tungsten and dark golf?. Thanks

IMHO I don’t think you could compare any of these lenses. Golf is basically a lowlight lens great for golf and cloudy days unless you like squinting all day. Ruby is one of my favorite Sunny day lenses, especially Prizm ruby polarized. Greenish tint with a purple sky. Tungsten is a good everyday lens with great contrast. Dark golf is also a sport specific lens and great for any condition imo. I would say Tungsten and dark golf are the most comparable of the 4 mentioned as far as looking through the lens goes. The VLT on those 2 aren’t similar though.

Back