• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What makes you happy?

Well, amazon turned an experience that could have gone on the "grinds" thread into one for this thread...

Ordered something on Monday last week. It said up front it'd take 4 - 5 days to ship, would be delivered Monday this week.

Then all week long I watch the tracking, status still "not yet shipped" while also cheerfully proclaiming that it'd be arriving Monday. Even when we got to Sunday, same thing.

Then I get a notification, issue with my payment. Turns out when I bought it I applied some cashback bonus towards the payment, and it took so long to ship that in the meantime The Wife had paid my CC bill and burned the same cashback bonus on it. So I have to log in and reconfirm my payment method / amount. Yet it still cheerfully proclaims, "arriving Monday"...

Even on Monday, yesterday, it said "arriving today" while status was now "preparing shipment". Obviously not. But later in the day, with no prompting on my part, I get an email from them apologizing for the delay. Then, for no additional cost, they overnighted it to me and it just got delivered, just one day behind the original forecast.

Frustration transformed into satisfaction...

I've been told that I've helped folks out on this forum, but sometimes it doesn't feel like it. But when the chance arises and I'm able to do something, and actually do it, it does bring a sense of satisfaction to me.

Last edited:
When you order from Amazon shortly after midnight Friday morning (aka late Thursday night) and you still get the order on Saturday.

Back