• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

In the interest of fairness, I think it’s because we got mildly political, which was probably a good call. Stopping it before it got personal or out of hand

Can the same be said about the YFG thread that also got locked around the same time?

Besides, there’s a bunch of political threads here. Some got more heated than the one which was locked

Thought the rules state that we can’t call out other members. Last time I checked YFG isn’t a member anymore. Hell, months after he scammed everyone, he was still a mod on this forum and the powers that be were still hesitant to pull his mod status…
Wow never knew that a$$hole was a mod 😳

The PayPal thread was locked because (as several members pointed out) the news was shared/discussed, then it just dove into promoting F&F, and discussions around that, which is going nowhere fast. Its been discussed numerous times here, the rules are the rules, etc.

Unlocked the YFG thread but will keep an eye on it.

In my opinion, the conversation has been had (with 20+ pages). The facts are there for anyone to read, it was never deleted - now it's just someone popping in every 6 months who hasn't been on in a while saying "woahhhh" followed by some new bashing. Not trying to protect him whatsoever, But what's done is done.

The PayPal thread was locked because (as several members pointed out) the news was shared/discussed, then it just dove into promoting F&F, and discussions around that, which is going nowhere fast. Its been discussed numerous times here, the rules are the rules, etc.

In my opinion, the conversation has been had (with 20+ pages). The facts are there for anyone to read, it was never deleted - now it's just someone popping in every 6 months who hasn't been on in a while saying "woahhhh" followed by some new bashing. Not trying to protect him whatsoever, But what's done is done.

Is there a reason people shouldn’t know what happened with YFG? I mean… it would strengthen your position on why the forum should be using G&S. I’m indifferent to g&s vs f&f but I do like to hear other viewpoints about it. Locking the thread stifles discussion, just saying

Oh, there was a lot more to be said…

Is there a reason people shouldn’t know what happened with YFG? I mean… it would strengthen your position on why the forum should be using G&S. I’m indifferent to g&s vs f&f but I do like to hear other viewpoints about it. Locking the thread stifles discussion, just saying

Scammer call outs should be stickies…

No I agree everyone should know what happened, hence why the thread was never deleted. But take a look at the last 3 pages or so, is there any actual value there? That's why locking it makes sense. But willing to keep it open in case anything new comes about (highly doubtful unfortunately)

Latest Posts

Back