• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What was your first pair of Oakleys and when

Onza

Oakley Enthusiast
When did you get your first pair of Oakleys, which ones were they?

I bought my first pair in '95, a pair of black E Wires. They served me well for several years. Not sure where they went, need to find another pair for nostalgia sake.

Early 90's, bought a second hand pair of Blades. Had Full & Half Blade lenses along with 4-5 sets of ear stems. About 1 year after I bought them they ended up at the bottom of the Kenebec River during a white water rafting trip. Still haunts me to this day

Right before I went into my freshman year of high school I bought a pair of white with text oil rigs gen 1 on a cruise ship after I won a game of bingo for 750$. Funny story attached: I was so excited I kept the recipet of the winnings and it's what I had my soon to be wife now, write her number down on since it was all I had in my wallet about 2 years later xD. Again, ramble post

Whenever the first E Wire came out in like 92 or 93 that was the first one I got. The girl in the sunglass hut at the mall was like a crack dealer. I wasn't even in High School yet and was saving every penny. She got me good.

Back