• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's the difference? Jawbone and racing jacket

Leglessracing

I should Work at Oakley
Uk
Hi all,

I'm looking at some racing jackets and jawbones to decide what to have as a daily wearer.
They look quite similar to me and I have had racing jackets before
What's the difference between them?

The Jawbone is the first pair. Had to be discontinued due to a trademark conflict with those bluetooth things.

So they revamped it into the Racing Jacket (which was the originally proposed name for the Jawbone).

The Racing Jacket has removable icons, holes in the stems for a strap kit, and I believe it has relief cuts to accept a Wind Jacket gasket (not sure on that last one). Lenses and jaws are compatible with the Jawbone.

The Jawbone is the first pair. Had to be discontinued due to a trademark conflict with those bluetooth things.

So they revamped it into the Racing Jacket (which was the originally proposed name for the Jawbone).

The Racing Jacket has removable icons, holes in the stems for a strap kit, and I believe it has relief cuts to accept a Wind Jacket gasket (not sure on that last one). Lenses and jaws are compatible with the Jawbone.
yes but even the jawbones can accommodate the wind gasket without much problem. the jawbones look more aggressive i think. there are holes at the end of the racing jacket for a strap.

Latest Posts

Back