• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's your great white whale/ Grail?

I'll resurrect this thread. Maybe some folks have found their grails recently. Or have in the past. It took me almost 8 years to finally get mine. Seeing the frame change hands numerous times only having it slip through my fingers each time. Either because of money or the person in possession of it. The pair eventually landed into the hands of someone whom I'd never trust again. Permanently... or at least i figured it would be. Its all Just some past BS. Finally I prepared myself and settled into the fact I'd never own them. A few months now i belive... the pair landed on ebay for a rediclous price..ill never get the dammed thing now. It eventually disappeared from ebay and was gone. .However 6 or 7 weeks ago a gentleman approached me asking some curious questions regarding this very frame. I thought Holy **** there it is again... wow wow..but he couldn't possibly want to move it after just getting it??? Well.... I was shocked seeing it was released from negative hands into a positive place anyway so at least that's a huge positive. Right?. Wow I thought. Maybe there is a chance. Maybe. Just maybe...when I learned that some others from the same artist we purchased along side it too perhaps its possible...Neat to see them come full circle back together again as well. The new owner was curious about them so he started to ask me some questions to pass on to its creator. .hey I figured why not help someone out and perhaps I may have the opportunity to look at it at least in the flesh.. just a look at least..I do know its creator well. I've spoken to him, chatted with him and exchange some ideas with him too. Backstory out of the way and authenticity confirmed I now have the chance. My #1 grail of all time made it to me after 8 years. Its here to stay and probably the only pair I'd never sell. Some would say its more of a boring one but we all like what we like and I've always thought this one was the best one of all. Andrew Petterson aka Tatermade, Tatertron, Tater #14. Of course 1 of 1. Well one of 50 different ones that is. It is true. Authenticated by the man himself and finally here to stay.

20201018_144408.jpg

20201018_144335.jpg

20201018_144326.jpg

20201018_144303.jpg

20201018_144250.jpg

Last edited:
I'll resurrect this thread. Maybe some folks have found their grails recently. Or have in the past. It took me almost 8 years to finally get mine. Seeing the frame change hands numerous times only having it slip through my fingers each time. Either because of money or the person in possession of it. The pair eventually landed into the hands of someone whom I'd never trust again. Permanently... or at least i figured it would be. Its all Just some past BS. Finally I prepared myself and settled into the fact I'd never own them. A few months now i belive... the pair landed on ebay for a rediclous price..ill never get the dammed thing now. It eventually disappeared from ebay and was gone. .However 6 or 7 weeks ago a gentleman approached me asking some curious questions regarding this very frame. I thought Holy **** there it is again... wow wow..but he couldn't possibly want to move it after just getting it??? Well.... I was shocked seeing it was released from negative hands into a positive place anyway so at least that's a huge positive. Right?. Wow I thought. Maybe there is a chance. Maybe. Just maybe...when I learned that some others from the same artist we purchased along side it too perhaps its possible...Neat to see them come full circle back together again as well. The new owner was curious about them so he started to ask me some questions to pass on to its creator. .hey I figured why not help someone out and perhaps I may have the opportunity to look at it at least in the flesh.. just a look at least..I do know its creator well. I've spoken to him, chatted with him and exchange some ideas with him too. Backstory out of the way and authenticity confirmed I now have the chance. My #1 grail of all time made it to me after 8 years. Its here to stay and probably the only pair I'd never sell. Some would say its more of a boring one but we all like what we like and I've always thought this one was the best one of all. Andrew Petterson aka Tatermade, Tatertron, Tater #14. Of course 1 of 1. Well one of 50 different ones that is. It is true. Authenticated by the man himself and finally here to stay.

View attachment 802335

View attachment 802336

View attachment 802337

View attachment 802338

View attachment 802339
Congrats Brother!

View attachment 802335

View attachment 802336

View attachment 802337

View attachment 802338

View attachment 802339
Awesome Brian! Congrats!

Back