• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where Did Your Forum User Name Come From?

Ok @TheDukeOfIce

Lets hear the story behind your name
I am likewise very interested in yours as well @“TRUMP” I somehow cant link your name (or let me search for if you already answered this)

Early in boot camp (Marine Corps) a Drill Instructors coined “The Duke” for me, when rhetorically encouraging me during a particularly extensive workout session. That stuck with me ever since.

A few years later, we had an impromptu boxing competition while out to have some fun. After my round, several new nick names were acquired, applicable here is Vanilla Ice.

Later, a tradition was drinking + bowling on weekends (we had an alley walking distance from the barracks) Every time a new nick name was entered for everyone. The Duke Of Ice made it up once, and that stuck more than all the others since.

I am likewise very interested in yours as well @“TRUMP” I somehow cant link your name (or let me search for if you already answered this)

Early in boot camp (Marine Corps) a Drill Instructors coined “The Duke” for me, when rhetorically encouraging me during a particularly extensive workout session. That stuck with me ever since.

A few years later, we had an impromptu boxing competition while out to have some fun. After my round, several new nick names were acquired, applicable here is Vanilla Ice.

Later, a tradition was drinking + bowling on weekends (we had an alley walking distance from the barracks) Every time a new nick name was entered for everyone. The Duke Of Ice made it up once, and that stuck more than all the others since.

My old user name was OBAMA

Shortly BEFORE the election in 2016 i changed it to TRUMP because i knew he was going to win

Are you on friendly terms with the Russians?
A lot of people complain about Putin and Trump / Russia and America, being on friendly terms.... would be nice if those people could be sent back to the 60's and 70's so they could live through the cold war. Apparently they must yearn for the constant threat of nuclear annihilation . I can't blame them, i have heard it was a really fun time for everyone, all across the globe..... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
My old user name was OBAMA

Shortly BEFORE the election in 2016 i changed it to TRUMP because i knew he was going to win
Thank you, inevitably a question answered leads to two more questions...
What is the logic behind the presidential avatar?

Did you represent the views and ideology of Obama during his presidency similar to now?

Thank you, inevitably a question answered leads to two more questions...
What is the logic behind the presidential avatar?

Did you represent the views and ideology of Obama during his presidency similar to now?

Lol no. The obama name was a joke because, well, obama himself was a joke as a president. Than it just seemed funny and ironic to change it to trump. It just felt like the right thing to do.

I actually tried to change it to KILLARY KLINTON during the 2016 election but the powers that be wouldnt allow it....so i went with trump because i knew it would piss people off if he won.....:D

46459174_2144375122279804_5356620956020244480_n.jpg

Back