• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where Did Your Forum User Name Come From?

I had a friend in Jr High who would draw this character he called “Joe the Devil”. So I just stole the naming and made “Jim the Rebel”. He was so angry he just stopped drawing his character and never used the name again. Just created the name to make him angry and it just stuck from there!

RandyVH1984 was a Randy Rhoads - Eddie Van Halen thing. 1984 was VH's last album with the original band members.

Sharky came up because of my pool shooting days. I started hanging around pool halls around my junior year in high school and got really, really good. Good enough to where I thought I had a chance to go pro. I won many, many pool hall and bar tournaments in Hawaii and Oklahoma in the 80's. But never won that big tournament. Choked. Oh to be young with so little responsibility. Them was the days.

My current name came up because someone brought up that I was Randy before, when I tried to be incognito with Sharky. Which was the name I tried to use because some guys gave me 'grief' for trying to defend myself after getting ripped off as Randy. Sorry. Old story already. So when guys were 'spreading the word' who Sharky was, it was at that point I figured no sense hide anything, and came up with a name that is real close to my real name. Lopaka means Robert. That's me. And KaMars is only one letter off from my last name being spelled correctly. Those that have dealt with me know what letter that is. And I thought it was cool because of my recent love for Mars. The glasses, not the planet. And not hiding anymore either.

Isn't it quite obvious..?

2021-03-04_21-04-34.png

Back