• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where Medusa & AP vest made in China ?

Walter Langkowski

ブンプ
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Las Vegas Nevada
I just want to make sure I sold all my Medusa about 2 years ago, and both my AP vest so I can’t check the tags myself, these two items where made in China correct? I’ve made some recent Chinese contacts with dealing with my cyclops lenses which I picked up a legit mars from and now there’s a chance for me to pick up some Medusa and AP vest that never made it out of the country, possibly lifted out of the factory / sweat shop by workers not really sure of the story behind them.

CBF684B6-39A9-46DD-8E02-1D969F0B845B.jpeg

Yeah was on hiatus for a while, I had to dump funds into a different endeavor but now I’m going to try to get back after it and bring some stuff back to the states. Plus now I have an actual vault room in my house so I don’t have to worry about theft, anyone you buy from has your address and that wasn’t sitting well with me

I just want to make sure I sold all my Medusa about 2 years ago, and both my AP vest so I can’t check the tags myself, these two items where made in China correct? I’ve made some recent Chinese contacts with dealing with my cyclops lenses which I picked up a legit mars from and now there’s a chance for me to pick up some Medusa and AP vest that never made it out of the country, possibly lifted out of the factory / sweat shop by workers not really sure of the story behind them.

View attachment 983396

Short answer is Yes. I have had 10 Medusas in my possession over the years and all of them have had a tag (not all tags stitched in the same spot) suggesting Made in China.

So I found the manufacturer of the AP vest and the Medusa in China, they are no longer licensed to make either, but they still have specs and ability to make them but the Medusa I guess oakley was sending them the specific leather from the US because China didn’t haven’t the ability to source high quality leather. So I technically anything they make would be a replica beings they’re no longer licensed, I went ahead and sent them my measurements and had them make up a few AP vest for me they’re being shipped Monday. Let’s see how this goes.

2067C6D2-5116-4428-9F8E-B799DA5ED74D.jpeg

So I found the manufacturer of the AP vest and the Medusa in China, they are no longer licensed to make either, but they still have specs and ability to make them but the Medusa I guess oakley was sending them the specific leather from the US because China didn’t haven’t the ability to source high quality leather. So I technically anything they make would be a replica beings they’re no longer licensed, I went ahead and sent them my measurements and had them make up a few AP vest for me they’re being shipped Monday. Let’s see how this goes.

View attachment 985409
Do they make mechanism backpacks?

Latest Posts

Back