• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where to buy Oakley's and use VSP insurance? Online or Retailer?

Here a pic, I went with split shot as I wanted the neck cord for boating, they included the original non-rx lenses as well in the box....planning to get another pair when my plan year resets in June

image_123927839.JPG

Are there really no in-network providers that carry Oakley sunglasses?
I had Lasik 15 years ago, and just found out they cover sunglasses instead of regular glasses in that case :-(
But none of the VSP providers around here carry Oakley, and the out-of-network coverage is about 30% of in-network.

Are there really no in-network providers that carry Oakley sunglasses?
I had Lasik 15 years ago, and just found out they cover sunglasses instead of regular glasses in that case :-(
But none of the VSP providers around here carry Oakley, and the out-of-network coverage is about 30% of in-network.
Try Target

Hit me up!

I'll obviously need more info about your RX, your P.D., and a ton of personal info with regards to VSP. I am out of network but can typically get you a decent deal that'll work.

Give me a call. Especially if you are Darn near ready. I'll take some notes, check your insurance, pricing, and availability, then call you back within 1-2 hours! Typically within about 2 weeks you'll have Flak 2.0 RX glasses at your door! Oakley does have frequent backorders on frame colors lately :(

At which point I'll get you to put the balance after insurance on your FSA/HSA credit card.

Easy, PS, you are right about the look on people's eyes when confused!

You won't get that here.:confused::eek:
:cool-20::cool-20::cool-20::cool-20:

Hey Chris, I've been a lurker on Oakley forums for years but I don't have enough posts to private message you.

I'm ready to purchase some prescription Oakley's and I have VSP insurance. I was hoping you could help me out. Can you PM me a phone number so I can call you and get this moving? Thanks!

Hey Chris, I've been a lurker on Oakley forums for years but I don't have enough posts to private message you.

I'm ready to purchase some prescription Oakley's and I have VSP insurance. I was hoping you could help me out. Can you PM me a phone number so I can call you and get this moving? Thanks!
What do you ride?

Sent u a pm

@Chris A Hardaway can you order custom sunglasses from Oakley online and get reimbursed by VSP? I've had LASIK so I qualify for non-prescription sunglasses under my coverage.

@Chris A Hardaway can you order custom sunglasses from Oakley online and get reimbursed by VSP? I've had LASIK so I qualify for non-prescription sunglasses under my coverage.
I'm not actually a VSP provider. I'm an out-of-network provider. So I'm only able to bill with a prescription, and diagnosis of farsighted, nearsighted, astigmatism, or presbyopia. Youcan buy glasses from meat and seek out of network reimbursement. I will always provide a receipt if requested. Custom though only direct through Oakley at this time. So I can't do custom frames for VSP/members.

Last edited:
Back