• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where's all the custom frames?

maximumsport

Oakley Beginner
Hey I was on the Oakley site and tried to custom a Oil Rig... all they have is clear and white frames... Whats up with the frame selection???

Options vary upon availability. In most cases they restock in a few days-week, though I noticed some pairs (Straight Jacket for one) haven't really gotten better.

they are selling off the old frame like oil rigs and SJ2 to make room for new and unexciting stuff

Aint that the truth! ...but yeah, keep checking back. The OCP selection varies quite greatly week to week. I had to wait months for the yellow Flak frame to come back in stock. When it did, the lenses I wanted were out of stock. LOL I love OCP, but I hate the way they implement it.

So the Oil Rig line is getting discontinued? Does that mean we'll see them on the Vault pretty cheaply soon?

So the Oil Rig line is getting discontinued? Does that mean we'll see them on the Vault pretty cheaply soon?

I have no idea if they're getting discontinued, but it wouldn't surprise me. With the way Oakley is going, 5 years from now, they're only going to be selling Frogskins and Holbrooks, and they'll cost $240 each thanks to the lower cost of manufacturing in China.

I have no idea if they're getting discontinued, but it wouldn't surprise me. With the way Oakley is going, 5 years from now, they're only going to be selling Frogskins and Holbrooks, and they'll cost $240 each thanks to the lower cost of manufacturing in China.
Sad but true, getting hard to tell the different Oakley/Gucci/ysl frames from each other when they are face on in the stores these days.

Man, I hope not. I don't look good in either one of those! Ha ha ha

Back