• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

White = Douche?

12 views and no reply, I'll try my hand at this. I guess it has to do with white sunglasses being feminine and that men should avoid wearing white frames at all costs...that's my take. Honestly I don't wear white regardless of the whole douche thing. I just don't like white glasses. I see men wearing white gascan's and fuel cell's, also saw woman wearing white oakley's.

So wearing white oakley's equates one being a douche? What is the back story on this?

I lol'd at this haha. I don't view it as a 'douche' thing, but I just feel weird in them. That's why I pushed the 10th Mountain Division away.

Don't get me wrong, the arms were sweet! The plain white in your face frame in the front just looked tacky lol.

I like white, but, Ive always thought while cycling that the more white the better, it gives you that 'pro' look while out cycling, I need to get a pair of white radars asap! I have quite a few white frames and dont feel that they are feminine! The only one that I felt was feminine was the 24k jupiter which I quickly customised! So I think the white/douche thing is a personal opinion... just my view on it.

I wore my white MD's once, my wife told me a looked like a *** and I haven't worn em since lol I did like my devils brigade sideways though. It was too small for my noggin, but even though they were white I thought they looked good. And I've rocked the 10th Mountian before. Got a few strange looks, but I liked wearing em.

I don't think it's just white Oakley's that are the problem, I think it's any white framed sunglass just isn't a good look for a guy. Where this comes from I'm not sure, but, for me, white sunglasses reminds me of seeing too many old men in speedo's strolling the beaches of southern Europe trying to look cool and try it on with the young female tourists.

It may also have camp connotations a la Ronaldo here: http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com...nks-Pink-Flowers-Says-Cristiano-Ronaldo-2.jpg

And if Justin Bieber is wearing white sunglasses that's the death bed for any self-respecting man who may have been considering them: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kRANFuqye...+holiday+with+bikini-clad+Selena+Gomez++3.jpg

And if you're still considering them after seeing that, know that this guy thinks wearing white sunglasses is great for trying to attract women as it gives them something to comment on: Paul Dobransky, M.D. : The Coolest Jobs in America : Men's Health Photo Slideshows

He's right, the comment they give is "No, I don't want a drink, you're wearing sunglasses at night which are white, and you look like a douche."

Latest Posts

Back