• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who caries a firearm?

I was looking at those.

Why no Taurus?

Many reasons but let’s just say poor quality, can’t truly count on them in the event of actually needing them and awful customer service.

Some great firearm mfg in this world and Taurus (or Hi Point) arent one of them. Unless you’re wanting a revolver then Taurus is ok because they’ll always go bang!

Many reasons but let’s just say poor quality, can’t truly count on them in the event of actually needing them and awful customer service.

Some great firearm mfg in this world and Taurus (or Hi Point) arent one of them. Unless you’re wanting a revolver then Taurus is ok because they’ll always go bang!
If this aint the most hyprocrite thing ive seen. Dont get a taurus...... im not a fan of taurus but ill say this. If theyre not reliable let someone point one at you and pull the trigger and see if theyre reliable or not

A carry gun is specifically used for a life or death situation. I would not go cheap with whatever gun you choose.

You should invest in a quality gun belt. Hanks belts are very reasonable.

personally I’m a Glock fan but there are many good brands. 9mm is hard to beat for a subcompact. The 9mm defensive ammo has came a lot way and reduced the gap between the performance of the bigger calibers.

good luck with your choice.

I totally agree with IUSTEVE on the Sig 365 part and on the Taurus, but I wouldn't even go with Taurus for a revolver, I owned one that was pretty much a safe queen... I only shot it a handful of times and the cylinder bent on me (and no I didn't drop it, or play cowboy spinning it into place).

But I digress, the P365 in my opinion as a LEO and someone that has owned many different pistols over my years is one of the best choices for an everyday carry due to its size, capacity, and Sig's dependability. But of course that's my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. But if you don't want that small... The p320 is another perfect one, I love the modularity of it.

Last edited:
For a good utility pistol, a Glock 19 or 26...or take a look at the 43 or 43X. The problem may be finding one at a reasonable price during these times. If you have a DD214 you can order/reserve, purchase one at a reduced price

Blue Label Program

I carry a Sig 365 and my wife carries a Sig 238. We also have a couple of Glocks (G19 and G42) that we used to carry.

So I know some said no Taurus, but I ended up getting a Taurus g2c. Read a ton of reviews that said it was a good choice. Felt like a good choice for my first personal firearm. Now to find some time for the range so I can use my long range paper hole punch.

Now, time to look for concealed carry holster etc.

42E6BC2B-4251-48CE-9766-7922B483AA35.jpeg

Wife carries Kimber micro 9.
I also have a full length Springfield 45 in a kydex holster I carry when offroading.

I thought I would add. My old man had a gun in every room, under a couple chairs, in drawers.
He had a replica of the Rifleman's 30/30. He had a German Luger from the war. He had a Russian Roulette gun that the cylinder spun as you were pulling the trigger. We went pheasant hunting with him all the time as kids. My brother and I took turns with the old 410, he had the 20 and the 12 gauge. Point being, I grew up not caring about guns at all. My brother, well.....
43D7F830-4F7B-45D0-9A7B-6E84CE52F98E.jpeg
56608D76-E01F-4967-975D-6C1E00A1CA2B.jpeg
B08D81E5-579C-4C68-B4D4-C9FC9526742F.jpeg

Last edited:
Back