• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who Sends Goods To Brazil?

I missed that game. Is there a reason they had no goalie?
It's ok... The rest of the team didn't show up either :p
All kidding aside, and not to take anything away from the Germans, but my first reaction after 30 minutes in at 5-0 was match fixing. I have never seen an entire defense at that level just stand around and not close down. The German could have put in 5 more if they wanted too.

All kidding aside, and not to take anything away from the Germans, but my first reaction after 30 minutes in at 5-0 was match fixing. I have never seen an entire defense at that level just stand around and not close down. The German could have put in 5 more if they wanted too.
Well 3 of their star players were out of that game.

A couple of the Germans did say they eased off a lot at 6-0 not wanting to get injured or embarrass the hosts.
Brazil are a very average side with a couple of world class players, take them out as happened and they were shown to be just that and average rarely does well at that level!

A couple of the Germans did say they eased off a lot at 6-0 not wanting to get injured or embarrass the hosts.
Brazil are a very average side with a couple of world class players, take them out as happened and they were shown to be just that and average rarely does well at that level!
At 6-0 they decided to not embarrass the host nation? :p (I know what you meant)

Everyone's definition of world class seems to differ, but at the very least Brazil's back line of Maicon, Luiz, Dante, and Marcelo are quality players that all get payed very well for top clubs in Europe. Its very suspicious giving up 5 in the 30 minutes of a World Cup Semi. The USA has way less overall talent than Brazil, but we didn't give up 5 goals in a half hour to Germany. We also didn't get out of the round of 16 again :(

At 6-0 they decided to not embarrass the host nation? :p (I know what you meant)

Everyone's definition of world class seems to differ, but at the very least Brazil's back line of Maicon, Luiz, Dante, and Marcelo are quality players that all get payed very well for top clubs in Europe. Its very suspicious giving up 5 in the 30 minutes of a World Cup Semi. The USA has way less overall talent than Brazil, but we didn't give up 5 goals in a half hour to Germany. We also didn't get out of the round of 16 again :(
One of the German lads actually said that in an interview, I think it was sky sports I saw it on, he said they felt bad!
those defenders you speak about all play for big teams in good defences but aren't what you would need to win it all.MAicon is good going forwards but sucks defending, Luiz spent loads of time at Chelsea playing in a defensive midfield position because he kept wondering off and made poor decisions when playing at the back, Mourinhio didn't sell him because Chelsea needed the money!Same can easily be argued for the other two.
I can't think of their 3rd world class player!
Last 16 isn't bad, England sucked once again tot he point where the papers hardly made a big deal of it except wayne scored his first goal in a world cup......not sure why I should care that much to be honest.

Latest Posts

Back