• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Men Film Worn Juliet

I'm with ya, bro. I was hoping someone on here would have some solid Intel that would make these "worth" $4,350. @SouLFuLFroG is damn near as good a word as you can get on the forum. However, something isn't satisfied for me when only one good dude says "I know the guy, it's legit" with a pair that, if there truly is ONLY ONE worn on-screen like the seller claimed, would be revered and have a small group of enthusiasts to pipe up and fact drop everything about this particular pair. An awesome pair and addition to any collection, nonetheless.

Sorry not sorry. A blurred out letter of authenticity and a quick anecdote at best to describe why they are such a big deal seems weak sauce when it landed those bids. Someone either knows what's up, or just took it in the bum.

Oh well. Not my pig, not my farm.

Congrats to the new owner of a one-of-a-kind piece, whoever you may be!

What about all of the history about that movie and pair? Never once has anyone else I’ve talked to about it heard of the lenses being CGI.

I still say it’s a crock of ****.

Do you really believe that a posted sale on Ebay is the best way to show a friend respect? Oh sorry buddy The letter and pair you sold me I decided to list it on Ebay with your name out there. I certainly wouldn't do that anyway. I could chime in and rhyme all the names off but what kind of friend would I be to the seller and his source? I'm mearly stating that i know exactly whom the pair is coming from now and whom it came from originally. Secrecy is only to protect those names for respect purposes and I believe nothing more. Blurting it out here doesn't do anyone any good. I've been around long enough now I think that some would trust me when I say something is legit and that it's safe to purchase. Or if you don't feel it is than don't buy it. Regardless itll sell eventually to someone that can pay for it. They will see the names and be able to peice the rest together. There really arent too many folks here I don't respect fully and actually I consider most close friends here family. I certainly wouldn't state something is legit if I had any reason to believe it isnt. I've just spent a lot of time talking about this particular item with many people and still everything turns back to it being completely legit. Knowing exactly where it came from directly benefits no one who isnt purchasing the pair. Said person still works at the company so it may be dangerous for him to spread his name. I wouldn't do that anyway. That's me. I guess I shouldn't have said anything but I was just trying to help out those who may have been thinkin of pulling thr trigger..

Do you really believe that a posted sale on Ebay is the best way to show a friend respect? Oh sorry buddy The letter and pair you sold me I decided to list it on Ebay with your name out there. I certainly wouldn't do that anyway. I could chime in and rhyme all the names off but what kind of friend would I be to the seller and his source? I'm mearly stating that i know exactly whom the pair is coming from now and whom it came from originally. Secrecy is only to protect those names for respect purposes and I believe nothing more. Blurting it out here doesn't do anyone any good. I've been around long enough now I think that some would trust me when I say something is legit and that it's safe to purchase. Or if you don't feel it is than don't buy it. Regardless itll sell eventually to someone that can pay for it. They will see the names and be able to peice the rest together. There really arent too many folks here I don't respect fully and actually I consider most close friends here family. I certainly wouldn't state something is legit if I had any reason to believe it isnt. I've just spent a lot of time talking about this particular item with many people and still everything turns back to it being completely legit. Knowing exactly where it came from directly benefits no one who isnt purchasing the pair. Said person still works at the company so it may be dangerous for him to spread his name. I wouldn't do that anyway. That's me. I guess I shouldn't have said anything but I was just trying to help out those who may have been thinkin of pulling thr trigger..

So you want us to throw our everything everyone has ever heard about that that pair just because some random dude on eBay has a blurred out letter and claims different? No way dude.

And if people are gonna get in trouble for selling a prop and writing a letter about it, don’t do it! 4 ****in grand is a lot to spend on something that isn’t what it claims to be. If I bid on it his identity be damned.

I think is known that it is Jason Spencer that sold it originally and is his letter. I am not sure why it is a big secret since he has posted on the o review about the other X-men pairs he is selling and we have seen copies of the letter for the other pairs.

The doubts about the pair is not whether they came from an Oakley employee. We know it has since he posted the other pairs for sale himself. The doubts come from whether it appeared in the movie, which no one actually believes.

I heard a story that Cyclops/James Marsden went color blind from wearing “these” in the movie for so long.

I would assume there would be more documentation on these but regardless. If there is no substantial proof that these were the ones used on set, it’s hard to justify $.

Truth is that a letter with a claim has no real weight. It may very well be the same item. . Sad they didn’t label them special or show substantiated documentation that they really are real. But they are cool.. so whatever.

Truth is that a letter with a claim has no real weight.

This statement is spot on. The letter would be more compelling if we had not already seen the original props sold many years ago by the studio and if we had not already seen the Juliets in the collection of a millionaire prop collector that not only has the glasses but also the full costumes of many characters, along with the original studio certificates.

Back