• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal February 15, 2015

Oakley should have included the Tincan and tinfoil in the xmetal line up....both have more metals in them than the madman and badman....

I think the same. Tincan/tinfoil carbons are the most technologically advanced frames of the full oakley range, but they don't have the mad factor than oakley collectors love. They are too simple and elegant and for that oakley doesn't consider it like xmetals.they should receive prizm lenses in the near future...

I think the same. Tincan/tinfoil carbons are the most technologically advanced frames of the full oakley range, but they don't have the mad factor than oakley collectors love. They are too simple and elegant and for that oakley doesn't consider it like xmetals.they should receive prizm lenses in the near future...

No way. Anyway people are selling there Badman's & Madman's for $4000 on eBay which is ridiculous.

I might get the Badman but not completely sold still like my retro x metal. Like to ck them out in person thought .

Oakley should have included the Tincan and tinfoil in the xmetal line up....both have more metals in them than the madman and badman....

The whole point of the Tincan and Tinfoil was to showcase flat profile as well as cam design. I mean the Badman and Madman aren't the awesome Ti construction of the X-Metals, but they're not as stray from it as the Tin- line.

That and the given premium for having an "X-Metal" title would be ridiculous. People are already on the fence about the Badman and Madman. $400 for a Tincan from $250 would probably send Oakley to the grave.

The whole point of the Tincan and Tinfoil was to showcase flat profile as well as cam design. I mean the Badman and Madman aren't the awesome Ti construction of the X-Metals, but they're not as stray from it as the Tin- line.

That and the given premium for having an "X-Metal" title would be ridiculous. People are already on the fence about the Badman and Madman. $400 for a Tincan from $250 would probably send Oakley to the grave.

For me, xmetal means ultimate technology sunglasses with best materials(titanium alloy was one of the best at that moment). Now one frame with metal-carbon fiber with screwless technology could be consider the most advanced, regardless of the design. And for that i consider tincan-tinfoil carbons true new xmetals. The actual price of tincan/tinfoil carbon is correct. I'm sure that profit margin of these is less that badman/madman's margin...

Back