• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Serial Number

View attachment 340543
A table I made early on for my own use, it's not necessarily complete but it gives pertinent info for the majority of Juliets at least.

I just used an intro date of 1999 when I couldn't find any specifics, so don't set a great deal of store by that.
Don't let cacatman see this list. He will make another list thread. :rofl:

So if the later runs don't have serial numbers, what's the value of those that do? Just b/c it's vintage production runs? This thread was helpful b/c mind don't have a serial number and I started to wonder why. I got them direct from Oakley HQ, so I knew they weren't fake...heh.

So if the later runs don't have serial numbers, what's the value of those that do? Just b/c it's vintage production runs? This thread was helpful b/c mind don't have a serial number and I started to wonder why. I got them direct from Oakley HQ, so I knew they weren't fake...heh.
Value to a buyer is subjective according to the actual piece and is usually more related to the overall condition.
A serial number to a collector however can be more important and will determine the original frame and lens combination or Limited/Special Edition piece.
You will usually find a serialised piece in the same or similar condition to a non serialised piece will be 15-20% from what I have seen.

Interesting. 15-20% higher for the serialized version? In theory, those would be older stock, which could mean greater time to deteriorate. Anyway, I can see from a collector's perspective. Thanks for the response!

Latest Posts

Back